The First Kiss

It was finally night time as the feast was about to begin. The dining room was elaborately decorated with so much finery for the night that it felt like a big celebration was fully prepared. The lighting was dimmed to set the mood as the table was set and the wine barrels were aligned, filled with wine, Outworld had to offer.

"Thalia will be down soon." A maid informed Kotal Kahn.

"Thank you, maiden Kia." Replied the emperor.

"Here she comes, emperor." A guard alerted the emperor.

Kotal Kahn nodded to the guards as they opened the double doors and his enforcers' eyes widened in total awe.

Thalia walked down into the dining room, all dressed up beautifully. Her dress had shoulder-pieces in the shape of red roses, the corset area was white and adorned with light pink Swarovski crystals and red sequins and the skirt area was layered red silk with chiffon roses sewn on. To top all that off, she had white high-heel shoes with red roses and a beautiful rose carnation in her long brunette hair. She was like a vision, like a rose in full bloom in all of Outworld.

"Thalia, you're right on time." Kotal was impressed. "I'd like to thank you for joining us."

"It's a pleasure, emperor." Replied Thalia as she curtseyed, making a good impression.

All of Kotal's enforcers were captivated by her, but it was Erron who was captivated the most, even for a gunslinger with a hardened exterior. "Wow..."

"Bang bang like Rosy's dress." Ferra remarked and Torr grunted in agreement.

"We agree with Ferra and Torr." Ermac nodded in agreement.

"She had the scent of a real rose." Hissed Reptile, sounding very complimenting to which Thalia blushed.

A couple of minutes later, the feast was now in full swing. Food was eaten and wine from the barrels had been drank, even with Torr chugging down a barrel of wine. Erron sat, looking on at Thalia as thoughts went through his mind. He remembered a lot of things, ranging from their tense first meeting to their awkward moments. Of course, things started off a little tense and awkward at first but during the mission, although he and Thalia didn't know it yet, it started to grow to very passionate and yearning, seeing as he finally knew her weird feeling thay was stirring in her, slowly but surely. She may have had put up with his confidence, cocky attitude and constant flirting but what she didn't know was that the gunslinger was finally breaking down the walls around her heart as Thalia did Erron's. While Kotal and his enforcers engaged in after-dinner conversations and exchanging witty banter, Erron was ready as he turned to Thalia. It was now or never.

"Thalia? Would you care to join me, outside, in the garden alone?" The gunslinger asked in his clear baritone.

Thalia hesitated a little before answering. "Alright."

Upon hearing her answer, the mercenary got up from his chair as did the former saloon girl and they both walked out into the palace garden. It was a very beautiful night in Outworld complete with a thousand shining stars and a glowing full moon to top it all off.

"It's so beautiful tonight." Thalia breathed, taking in the night as Erron nodded in agreement.

(There used to be a graying tower alone on the sea)

(You became the light on the dark side of me)

A night breeze began to blow in the air, brushing against Thalia's soft skin, making her shiver a little.

"It's a little cold out."

Luckily, the Outworld cowboy removed his poncho and placed it around Thalia's shoulders. It may had many tears and easy-to-miss needlework but it was warm and comfortable nonetheless. She blushed, giving him a 'thank you' look in response as they both sat down on a stone bench.