Underneath the Moon

Midnight in Outworld was no different from nighttime in Earthrealm as the emperor and his enforcers were in the beds, resting for the night. Well almost.

Thalia laid in her bed, surrounded by the closed curtains but for some reason, she couldn't sleep for thinking. Things were going through her head as she was awake and sat up in her bed, swung her legs around and stood, moving the curtains away and put on her white chiffon and peach pink silk dressing gown over her white silk and lace nightdress, in order to keep warm. It was usually warmer in Outworld during the day, seeing as the sun was out around 80% of the time during the day but nights were a little cooler.

The former saloon girl stood at her balcony, gazing up at the night sky, dotted with millions of tiny stars, complete with a glowing full moon. She had a reason why she could never sleep.

(Will the circle be unbroken?)

(By and by, by and by?)

(Is a better home awaiting)

(In the sky, in the sky?)

It was all because of that weird feeling stirring inside her. Slowly but surely. She wasn't sick or in pain or anything. It was a strange type of feeling that she never felt before.

(There are loved ones in the glory,)

(Whose dear forms you often miss;)

(When you close your earthly story,)

(Will you join them in their bliss?)

The feeling she'd get whenever Erron was around. Heart rate increasing speed, her cheeks turning red as roses, whatever could this be?

(One by one, their seats were emptied,)

(And one by one, they went away;)

(Now the circle is broken,)

(Will it be complete one day?)

Images flowed in her mind like a film screen as Thalia began to ponder what was going on with her, gazing at the moon above.

(Will the circle be unbroken)

(By and by, by and by?)

(There's a better home awaiting)

(In the sky, in the sky?)

Was she doing something, she had mentally sworn not to do? Was she falling in love with the gunslinger whom she just met right up to being a member of the Kahn's Kourt?

Questions, Thalia would steer clear of, might never be answered as she went back into her room, removing her robe and placing it over her red chaise longue, before moving the curtains open to get into her bed, resting underneath the thick blankets and drifting off.

The next morning, Thalia managed to awaken, expecting Ferra to sneak in and jump on her bed like she did. But what she didn't expect was the sound of someone whistling some western tune that she'd faintly recognise as she tuned her ears.

"Erron..?" She meekly asked as she moved the curtains away to see him lounging on her chaise longue, sharpening up a Tarkatan blade that was from the arm of a dead Tarkatan.

"You're awake." The gunslinger answered as Thalia pulled the cord to draw back the curtains around her bed.

"At least it's better than Ferra and Torr's rude awakening." Thalia shrugged.

"I know what she's like." Erron shrugged too.

Thalia nodded and turned to see something on her bedside table. A vase holding a bouquet of roses on her bedside.

"Don't mind the roses. I got them for you during our training days." Erron explained to her as he sheathed his Tarkatan blade. "They're made out of D'Vorah's corpse."

Thalia would've been grossed out at first but she blushed as she inhaled the roses' sweet scent. Sweeter than her perfume. "Thanks so much."

"No problem, babe."

Thalia's cheeks tinged red. Did he just call her babe?

"The Kahn wishes to see you." The gunslinger informed.

Thalia's eyes widened. "Is something wrong?"

"You'll find out when you meet us at the throne room. Get washed and dressed first." Erron told her before leaving Thalia's bedroom, closing the door behind him.

Thalia began to comply as she left for her bathroom to wash and freshen herself up and get dressed. She was preparing herself for what Kotal Kahn has got in store for her and his enforcers.