Execution

It was in the afternoon that Thalia has fully recovered from her wound and the healer had come to check on her to make sure she was alright.

"Well Miss Rosethorn, it looks like you have made a full recovery." The healer beamed at her.

"Thanks, ma'am." Replied Thalia nodding as she got up.

"Mr. Black has been keeping an eye on you as you slept. It's as if he never left you."

Thalia was astounded. "Did he?"

"Yep. The potion I gave you made you drowsy that you had to sleep while healing up." The healer remarked. "There's plenty of time until the execution that's going to take place at sundown."

"Oh yes." Thalia nodded.

"So how do you feel?" Asked the healer.

"Good as new." Answered Thalia.

After she answered, the door opened and in stood Kotal Kahn.

"Thalia Rosethorn?"

Thalia turned to the emperor. "Yes emperor?"

"I see that you have healed up." Answered the Osh-Tekk warrior. "The execution is scheduled at sundown in the square near the marketplace."

"Yes sir." Replied Thalia as she got off the bed and left with Kotal Kahn, nodding a thanks to the healer before departing.

---

Outside in the square on the execution block, Thalia stood with Erron, Kotal Kahn, his enforcers and guards as a large angry looking crowd gathered around as two guards dragged Mileena by her feet, the citizens booing, shouting and waving their fists in her direction as she was being led up the stairs towards the stage where her execution was going to take place. When she was forced on her knees by the guards, the booing and shouting ceased and the air was filled with a defeaning silence before Kotal Kahn spoke up.

"Mileena, you have been found guilty of attempting to overthrow Outworld's emperor, with the help of your now deceased army of clones."

"Murderous wench!" Shouted a citizen in the crowd.

Turning to Mileena, a serious look on his face, Kotal continued. "Do you have anything to say before you take your final breath?"

"Enough of your prattle! Finish me! So I might join my father, Shao Kahn!" Hissed Mileena in spite.

Very calmly, Kotal continued. "You do not deserve death by an emperor's hand. Instead I give the honour to my fellow newcomer."

As he said that, Kotal turned to Thalia who had her rifle with her and Erron had given her the bulley he carved Mileena's name on.

Loading her rifle up, she took a couple of steps towards the Tarkatan half-breed, pointing and aiming her rifle and pressing the tip of the barrel to her forehead. They exchanged glares as a manicured finger touched at the trigger, ready to pull any second now. For a brief second or two...

BANG

The sound of a rifle going off, followed by a bloodcurdling scream of death as Mileena collapsed onto the stage, a bullet wound visible in her forehead as she laid in a pool of blood surrounded by bits of her brain for all of Outworld to see.

The crowd erupted in a massive cheer as Mileena's dead body was kicked off the stage and Erron whistled out for a flock of crows to feast on her carcass.

After the gruesome spectacle was over and the crowd slowly dispersed to go back to their normal lives, Kotal Kahn turned and placed a hand on Thalia's shoulder as they both left the stage and were on their way back to the palace.

"Now peace has finally been restored to Ourworld. And my Kourt and I have you to thank for that, Thalia." Explained the emperor as they went inside. "I sure hope it will go on in the years to come."

"Emperor, it was my pleasure." Replied Thalia, a soft smile gracing her features.

"Now we shall hold a feast tonight, honouring your hard work and celebrating Mileena's death."

Thalia grinned and nodded before departing for her bedroom to get ready for tonight.

It was nearly almost night as Thalia was bathing in her bathroom, the warm water caressing her as she rubbed body was on her, the scent of sweet vanilla, cherry blossoms and wild roses as thoughts were running through her mind. The clues concerning her weird feeling have now come together while a song was playing on the gramophone.

(Crazy)

(For thinking that my love could hold you)

(I'm crazy for trying)

(And crazy for crying)

(And I'm crazy for loving you)

She laid back in her bath and let the scent of het body wash overtake her nostrils as the song nearly drew to a close.

(Crazy)

(For thinking that my love could hold you)

(I'm crazy for trying)

(And crazy for crying)

(And I'm crazy for loving you)

The former saloon girl quietly sang along to the lyrics as she got out of the bath, dried herself off and wrapped a towel around her, before heading into her bedroom where a maid was waiting.

"Good to see you had a nice bath, Miss Rosethorn." The maid remarked as Thalia sat by her dressing table.

"Thank you." She replied as she looked at herself in the mirror as the Outworld sun dried her hair, making it silky smooth as the maid set about to make her presentable for the feast.

"I noticed how you seem to be falling for Erron Black." Giggled the maid as she began to brush Thalia's long brunette hair.

"How do you know?" Thalia asked.

"It's where you get that weird feeling that's burgeoning inside you, yet you deny it." Answered the maid.

"Fair enough." Shrugged Thalia.

The maid continued to doll Thalia up for the evening as she applied dusty pink lipstick and rose scented perfume on her, before getting her evening wear out for her.

"We managed to get this beautiful dress for you as it'd suit you perfectly. You'll be all dolled up and ready for the evening." The maid exclaimed happily.

Thalia smiled. She was in for the night of her life.