Chapter 13 FINAL CHAPTER

It had been a couple of months since Rose had been born and neither me nor Deidara had got much sleep, we were up all the time with Rose. We took it in turns to stay up with her but it was still tiring. I tried to catch up on as much sleep as possible but so far I didn’t have much time to. I was sat in bed while Deidara took his turn to get up and get Rose. He suddenly walked in looking worried, Rose cradled in his arms crying. “Something’s wrong with Rose” he said worry evident in his voice. “What? What is it?” I asked jumping up and running over to him. “I don’t know, we should take her to hospital, she isn’t breathing properly and she keeps crying.” He replied looking down at her. “Ok, hang on two seconds” I said before quickly grabbing one of Deidara’s hoodies and throwing it on along with my shoes. “Ok, let’s go” I said worry making me crack. Deidara gently handed Rose over to me before we quickly made our way to the car. When we got to A&E a nurse took us to one of the rooms …

“So what seems to be the matter?” the doctor asked aggravatingly calmly. “Rose isn’t breathing properly and she won’t keep her food down.” Deidara explained while I gently rocked Rose. “Ok, I’ll need to take some tests and we may need to put her in an incubator” the doctor replied before taking Rose out of my arms. The doctor told us to go and take a seat in the waiting room while he ran the tests. When we were called back in the first thing I saw broke my heart, Rose was attached to so many wires, needles where stuck in her arms and legs, she looked so fragile and breakable. The sleeplessness and memories of the miscarriage all came crashing down on me as tears poured down my cheeks, Deidara wrapped his arms around me protectively as I buried my face in the crook of his neck he slowly rubbed soothing circles across my back.“She’s going to be ok” he whispered soothingly. “We have caught the illness just in time which means we can cure her pretty easily and she should be out of hospital in a few days, if you would like you can stay in this room with her while she’s here” the doctor said politely…

Rose had been in hospital for 4 weeks and Deidara and I had not left her. It had been the worst 4 weeks of our lives, Rose spent every day with tubes and needles attaching her to different machines, and it was a heart-breaking sight. But we finally had good news. “Yuuki, Deidara we have some good news for you, Rose has been cured and can go home” the doctor smiled. “Really?” I asked happily. “Yes” the doctor smiled. I couldn’t say anything else as tears of happiness flowed down my cheeks as Deidara pulled me into him. “Thank you for everything doctor.” Deidara smiled. “No problem, you can take Rose home whenever you are ready”…

It had been 5 years since Rose was born and Deidara and I had stayed at the Akatski hideout. Everyone had been really helpful and helped us look after the baby and now Rose was starting to grow up to be a strong ninja and she was getting stronger. Deidara and I were sat on the king sized bed in our room; I was curled up into his side while we watched T.V. Rose was down stairs playing with Tobi who had grown very fond of her. “Yuuki?” Deidara’s soft voice whispered. “Yeah” I replied looking into his ocean eyes. “Will you marry me?” He asked getting down on one knee with a velvet, black box in his hand. I looked from him to the box and back again as tears welled in my eyes. I nodded; I couldn’t speak as I was in too much shock. “Y-yes” I managed to choke out before he carefully removed the ring from the box and put it on my ring finger. I looked down at the beautiful jewel incrusted ring and smiled at it before looking back over at Deidara and jumping on him. Straddling his waist and kissing him passionately. “I love you” I breathed. “I love you too” he breathed back.