Chapter 10

It had been 5 months since I had got pregnant and everyone had been ok with it. Pein had taken Deidara and I off of missions which annoyed some people as they had to take our place. Everyone was sat in the sitting room when suddenly there was a loud crash outside. We all jumped to our feet- well I slowly got up as I was pretty pregnant…

3rd person POV

Everyone ran outside and immediately started to fight with the intruders. Everyone was fighting well until Yuuki was thrown backwards hitting the wall and sliding down landing in a heap on the floor. Deidara noticed and immediately killed his enemy before sprinting to Yuuki’s side. “Yuuki, Yuuki wake up. Please wake up” Deidara whispered. Soon Sasori was by the blonde’s side, his hands working on the injured Yuuki trying to heal here. “Hmm…” Sasori murmured. “What? What is it?” Deidara asked frantically. “We need to get her inside” with no hesitation Deidara carefully picked Yuuki’s limp body up and slowly carried her upstairs. The whole way to Yuuki’s bedroom Deidara kept glancing down at Yuuki’s porcelain face. She looked so peaceful but Deidara was worried about her and the baby. When they got upstairs Deidara gently lay her down on the bed gently before sitting beside her and holding her cool hand in his own. Sasori walked in and immediately sat on the other side of the bed. His hands glowed and started to move over her before he froze his face dropping and looking at Deidara with worry. “What, What is it?!” Deidara asked scared. “I think she’s had a miscarriage” Sasori said sadly. “What? No she can’t” Deidara whispered a tear in the corner of his eye. “I’m so sorry, but when she wakes up we will take her to hospital and have a doctor check her over properly” Sasori replied patting his shoulder in a reassuring manner. “But she’ll be ok? Right?” Deidara asked. “Yes, she will be fine. She’s strong.” Sasori replied reassuringly before standing and walking out the door to leave Deidara with his thoughts. As soon as the door closed Deidara’s composed façade crumbled as he lets the tears flow freely. “D-Deidara” a voice whispered…

~*~

Normal POV

“D-Deidara?” I whispered as I fluttered my eyes open and met Deidara’s beautiful ocean blue eyes that were red and puffy from crying. “Oh my god, Yuuki” He exclaimed before pulling me into him and hugging me close. “What… what’s wrong” I asked as I saw his pained expression but before he could reply I screamed out in pain, there was what felt like knifes stabbing my stomach before I felt like I was about to throw up. I bolted to the bathroom and emptied the content of my stomach. I flushed the toilet and brushed my teeth before gingerly making my way back to my bed. Just then Sasori walked in. “Ah… Yuuki you are awake” Sasori said before sitting beside me. “I have some bad news” he said sadly. “What?” I whispered. “Well… when you were thrown back it may have caused a miscarriage” he said sadly. After that my mind went into shock and everything seemed to go silent. I looked over at Deidara and noticed that he was looking at me a mixture of worry and sadness in his eyes. I kept opening and closing my mouth like a fish out of water. I was pulled into a long warm, reassuring hug but it didn’t change anything. I had lost our baby, if only I had been more careful. ‘It’s all my fault’ kept going in circles around my head. I was snapped back to reality when Deidara’s soft voice called my name. “Come on baby… it’s not your fault. These things happen” he whispered reassuringly but I could tell deep down he was crushed. “I-I guess” I replied sadly looking away from him. “I’ll give you some time to think.” Sasori said sadly before slowly getting up and walking out of my room. Deidara and I stayed silent. I mean what where we meant to say. “You should get some sleep it’s late and you have had a tiring day” Deidara whispered before kissing my forehead and standing up. He walked out the door and left me alone with my thoughts…

The next morning I woke and slowly got up and got changed before walking out my door and downstairs to the kitchen. AS soon as I got down to the kitchen I was immediately engulfed in a hug. “Yuuki, I’m so sorry how do you feel?” Konan asked. “Not good” I replied honestly. “I think I’m going to go for a walk” I replied before slowly walking out the front door. I slowly walked around the enclosed hideout. I so badly wanted to get out but I would be skinned alive by Pein if I got out. I ended up climbing to the top of one of the tall oak trees in the garden. “Yuuki” I heard Deidara’s voice call but I stayed still, I didn’t want to see him, I was ashamed I had lost the baby. I heard his footsteps as he walked off and I sighed, staying in the tree I was lost in thought. I suddenly felt a presence beside me and turned around almost falling out the tree. Deidara sat beside me on the branch. “Yuuki, please talk to me” his voice pleaded. I didn’t reply I just looked away. “Yuuki?” he whispered it was more of a question. “Please, I love you please talk to me” he whispered again. “I-I love you too… but” I replied. “But what?” he asked obviously worried. “It’s my fault the baby is dead” I whispered. “No, no don’t you ever think that… it’s not your fault at all” he replied before pulling me into him I buried my head in his shoulder before letting the tears I had been holding back since I found out about the miscarriage exploded out of me. “Shh… baby its ok Shh” Deidara soothed. “I should have been more careful” I chocked. “I should have been protecting you” he countered. I clung to Deidara’s shirt so tight my knuckles where white but he didn’t seem to mind, he also didn’t seem to mind that my tears were soaking through said shirt. “It’s ok baby, we can have another baby can’t we?” he soothed. I nodded into his chest. I heard his light humming as he soothed me.

When I calmed down Deidara and I slowly made our way back down the tree. “Come on baby lets go to your room” he said before taking my hand and leading me up to my room. We sat on the bed and Deidara pulled me into his chest as he lay back resting his head on the head board. My legs intertwined with his as he gently stroked my hair. I eventually feel asleep but my dreams were haunted with the miscarriage…

It had been a couple of weeks since the miscarriage and I had kept myself to myself and avoided everyone including Deidara. I was still upset and I could tell he was too so I kept my distance to get over it. “Yuuki, please come out and talk to me” Deidara called through my door. I was sat in my room curled up on my bed thinking. “Yuuki please let me in” Deidara asked quietly. I slowly rose and walked to the door before unlocking it. Deidara stood in the doorway his hair a mess, his golden fringe flopped over his face and he looked like he hadn’t slept in days. “Yuuki, I love you, please talk to me” he whispered before walking closer to me. I stayed still, unflinching; I let his hand caress my cheek. “Baby look at me” he whispered closer to me this time. I refused to look up, I felt Deidara’s fingers try to tilt my head up to look at him and I let him. I was broken and I couldn’t fight any more, no matter how hard I tried to keep away from him it was too hard, I loved him and I could tell he loved me back. “Baby, we can get through this, we can have another baby. As long as we are together nothing can harm us” he whispered before lightly pressing his lips to mine for a moment I stayed still and then I kissed back and Deidara’s arms circled around my waist and pulled me into him. My arms wrapped around his neck before he started to walk forward causing me to move back. I heard the door shut and my legs hit the bed causing me to fall back onto it. Deidara suddenly pulled away. “Are you sure you want to do this?” he asked uncertainly. I nodded signalling for him to continue…