Chapter 3

When I was finished I looked around to see all the guys sat quietly at the table drooling at the smell of food. I plated it all up and took the plates the table before placing one in front of each person before sitting down myself. “Mmm… this is delicious” they all mumbled with their mouths full. “Glad you like it” I replied laughing slightly. I looked to my left to see Deidara hadn’t touché his food as was absentmindedly staring at me. “Are you ok?” I asked him causing him to snap out of his day dream. “Huh? Oh right yeah, just… thinking” he replied before tucking into his food. When everyone was finished everyone took their plates to the sink before the masked guy started to wash up. “Finally you are being useful Kakuzu” Itachi commented. “Yeah, and” the man now known as Kakuzu replied glaring over at Itachi. “Yuuki, come here please” Pein said as he motioned for me to follow him. “I have a mission for you to go on” he explained. “Ok, when do I go?” I asked. “Well you will be going with Deidara tomorrow, he knows what to do” Pein explained. “Um… ok” I wasn’t used to going on missions with people I usually just went on my own. “Well, you better get some sleep so you are up early tomorrow” he continued before walking away. I slowly made my way back to the kitchen. “You ready for our mission tomorrow?” Deidara asked as he saw me sit back down in the kitchen. “Yeah” I replied grinning – I love missions. “Well we better go to bed, we need to be up early in the morning” Deidara explained. “Ok” I replied before the two of us made our way upstairs. “Night” I smiled as I walked into my room. “Night” I heard him reply before walking away.

The next morning I awoke with a start and looked over at the clock. 8.30 am. I quickly jumped out of bed and walked to the wardrobe grabbing the clothes that appeared and changed into them before doing my hair and makeup and walking out my bedroom door and down the stairs into the kitchen to find Deidara sat on one of the stools around the island fully dressed and ready to go. “Morning” I smiled over at him. “Morning” he grinned back. “You ready to go?” he asked. “Yeah 1 sec let me get some food first” I replied grabbing a piece of toast before turning around to meet face to face with Deidara. “Ready” I smiled. “Ok then let’s go” he replied before walking out the door with me following behind…

We returned back from the mission the next morning to find everyone sat in the sitting room watching a movie. “Yuuki, Deidara you’re back how was it?” Konan asked when she saw us. “Um… ok they weren’t much of a competition” Deidara replied grinning at me. “Yeah, pretty easy to fight” I replied smiling back at him. “Good, good glad you two seem to get along so well” she replied before walking back into the sitting room. I followed behind her with Deidara following me. We sat down only to find everyone watching ‘Dawn of the dead’ I personally love horror films so I sat watching it with everyone. It seemed Deidara wasn’t as keen because as soon as he realized what it was he walked back out the door and Tobi was now where to be seen. The film ended and we all got up. It was way past midnight so I decided to go up to bed. I noticed that Deidara’s door was open slightly and there was loud music playing from his room. “Are you alright?” I asked concern evident in my voice as I peered around the door. “Huh? Oh um… yeah I’m fine” He replied putting on a fake smile. I could tell something was up but I decided not to push it further. “Well, you know you can talk to me if you want” I told him before leaving him be. I made my way over to my room but was stopped when I heard him call after me. “Yuuki…” he called. “Yeah” I replied as I turned to face him. “Um… nothing” he replied before making his way back into his room…

I had been at the Akatski clan for 5 months and I had gotten really close to everyone at the hideout especially Konan and Tobi. I had figured out the Tobi was always energetic and bounced everywhere. Konan and I being the only girls seemed to get on great. We could always talk to each other and we knew everything about one another, I even found out that she has a crush on Hidan. I also thought that I had to tell her that I may have a slight crush on a certain blonde with ocean blue eyes and bangs covering one of his eyes. I had been on many missions with most of the group and it seems I fit in a lot better here than I did with my parents. Something just seems right. Konan and I were having one of our normal chats in my room when suddenly Deidara burst in. “Hurry there has been an attack on the hideout.” He panted. We immediately jumped into action and ran down stairs to fight with everyone. We defeated the opponents. I looked around to check no-one was hurt but saw Tobi curled up in the corner blood oozing down the side of his face. “Tobi” I said in a quiet soothing voice as I walked over to him. He immediately cowered further in the corner. “Tobi, its ok, it’s just me” I whispered as I knelt beside him. Slowly Tobi looked up to see that it really was me before shuffling closer to me and clinging onto my top. “Sh... It’s ok” I whispered soothingly. He just clung closer to me. “Ok, let’s get you up to your room.” I said before gently picking him up. As soon as he left the ground he wrapped his arms around my neck and his legs around my waist before laying his head on my shoulder. I slowly walked up to his room before laying him gently in the bed. I then pulled his duvet over his body before getting up and going to the bathroom to get the disinfectant and bandages. I then walked back into his room. “This may sting a little” I warned before slowly wiping disinfectant over the deep gash on his head, I saw him wince but stayed still. When the wound was clean I gently placed the bandage around his head tying it neatly so it would stay in place. “How are you feeling?” I asked when I was finished. “Um… ok thank you” he replied smiling at me. “Ok, well I’ll let you get some sleep.” I replied before standing up and cleaning away the supplies. Just before I made it out the door I heard a faint voice behind me. “Please stay” he whispered. I turned around smiling slightly at him. “Ok” I replied before sitting down next to his bed and brushed the hair out of his face gently. He slowly fell asleep and when I was sure he wouldn’t wake I slowly stood up before tip toeing out of the door only to bump into Deidara. “How is he feeling?” he asked. “Um… well he just went to sleep; I think he’s feeling a bit better.” I replied smiling slightly. “Ok, good” Deidara smiled back. “I think I’m going to go to bed” I said excusing myself before walking down the hall and into my room. I quickly got changed and climbed into bed before turning off the light and fell into a deep slumber.