Chapter 4

“Yuuki, get up” I heard Konan’s voice yell as she jumped up and down on my bed. “Mmm…” I mumbled as I rolled away from her. “Get up” she yelled louder before pulling the duvet off of my body. I curled up trying to keep warm. “Come on lazy bones” she exclaimed. “Ok, ok. I’m getting up” I replied before sitting up slowly before flinging my legs over the side of the bed and stood up. “Get changed I have something to tell everyone down stairs” she said excitedly. “Ok, I’ll be down in a minute” I said before walking over to my wardrobe and getting clothes. I heard the door close guessing Konan had left. I slide the clothes on before doing my hair and makeup and walking down the stairs. “Ok, what was the big news?” I asked as I walked into the kitchen where everyone was stood looking expectantly at Konan. “Well, I had an idea that we should all go to a beach house” Konan explained when I took a seat around the island. “Cool” everyone replied. “Does Pein know?” Tobi asked. “Yeah he says it’s a good idea” Konan beamed. “Yay. Holiday” Tobi yelled excitedly. “When are we going to go?” Itachi asked. “Next Saturday” Konan replied smiling at everyone…

It was Friday night and everyone was packing to go on holiday. When I finished I sat down on the bed and looked around the room before I heard the door open slightly to reveal Deidara. “Um… Yuuki, can I talk to you quickly?” he asked. “Yeah sure” I replied smiling reassuringly. “Well, um… I don’t really know how to put this but…” Deidara started but was interrupted when Tobi came bounding in. “Yuuki, Yuuki can you come and help me pack?” he asked. “Um… can it wait a minute?” I asked him looking over at Deidara. “No” Tobi replied before bounding out the door. “Um…” I started looking over at Deidara. “Go and help him I’ll talk to you later” he replied before walking quickly out of my room with his head down. I walked out behind him but instead of going down to the kitchen like Deidara I walked over to Tobi’s room. “Yay. You came to help” he cheered. “Yeah why wouldn’t I” I replied before walking over to him and starting to pack the things on his bed. When we had finished we walked down stairs and into the sitting room to see Deidara and Itachi whispering to each other while Konan and Sasori played on the Xbox. Konan yelled angrily as she lost the game they had been playing. “Let me have a go” I said as I sat beside her on the floor. “Ok, try and beat him for me” she smiled. “You won’t be able to beat me, no one can beat me” Sasori replied looking over at me. “You want a bet about that?” I asked. “Yeah ok.” “Whoever loses has to clean the others room and do the others laundry for 3 months” he decided. “Ok deal” I smiled mischievously, what Sasori didn’t know was that I was a pro at video games. “Don’t get upset when I beat you” he said as he turned his attention back to the screen. After 10 minutes I beat him. “What the-how did you beat me?” he asked annoyed. “Um… I don’t know… I’m just amazing at video games.” I replied. “Don’t forget our bet, you have to clean my room and do my laundry for 3 months” I smirked. “Yuuki, you’re amazing at this game” Konan smiled. “Thanks, I used to have a lot of practise when I was back home” I told her my face dropping slightly as I thought of home but I shook my head to clear the thought before looking back over at Sasori and laughing at his angry face. “Best of 3” he tried to make a new deal. “Um… I don’t think so, I’ll stick with you doing my laundry and cleaning my room” I replied before standing up and stretching. “Let’s watch a film” Tobi yelled excitedly. “What should we watch?” I asked. “Um… a horror film” Tobi yelled again.

Everyone sat in the sitting room watching ‘Nightmare on elms street’ Tobi was curled into my side scared as we watched the film, Konan was covering her face with her hands while Deidara, Itachi, Hidan, Kisame, Zetsu , Sasori, Kakuzu and I sat around watching it. I occasionally looked over to find Deidara staring at me. ‘I wonder what Deidara wanted to tell me’ I thought as I averted my gaze back to the screen. ‘Hmm… I’ll have to ask him about it sometime, that reminds me I wonder why he always covers his hands’ I thought as I looked over at him again. My attention was averted to Konan when she screamed causing Tobi to jump a foot in the air. “What’s wrong?” I asked said girl. “I thought I felt someone grab my foot” she replied breathing slightly heavier. “It was nothing” I sighed trying to calm Tobi down who was curled tighter against me shaking. “Shh… Tobi its ok I’m here and it was just Konan over reacting” I soothed. Slowly Tobi started to relax and soon after he fell asleep. I followed suit soon after. The next morning I woke with my head resting against something or someone. I looked up to see that it was Kakuzu. I slowly sat up trying not to wake Tobi and looked around, I noticed that Deidara was giving Kakuzu a very mean glare but I brushed the thought off. I looked at the clock on the wall and noticed that it was noon and everyone but Tobi was awake. “We should leave soon” Konan mused. “Ok, should I wake Tobi up?” I asked quietly. “Yeah, I think that would be best. “Tobi, Tobi come on wake up” I said in a quiet soft voice. He slowly awoke and looked up at me. “What time is it?” he asked in a sleepy voice. “Noon” I replied before standing up and stretching. Everyone got up and walked upstairs to change and get their bags. I walked into my room and walked over to my wardrobe. ‘Denim short shorts, black vest, and X-high black converse’ I thought and sure enough the clothes appeared in the wardrobe. I had just finished getting changed when I heard a knocking on the door. “Come in” I called. “Yuuki, can I talk to you?” Deidara asked from behind me. “Yeah sure” I replied before sitting on my bed and crossing my legs motioning for him to sit down as well. “What’s up?” I asked when he was sat down. He had chosen to sit as far away from me as possible. “Well… um… I wanted to ask you…” he started but was cut off when Konan came running in. “Come on, we are waiting for you” she shouted. “Um… can we come down in one minute?” I asked “No” she screamed before grabbing my hand and pulling me up. “Um… but Deidara wanted to tell me something” I replied. “Well… he can tell you later” she replied before grabbing my bag and dragging me out of my bedroom. “Stop pulling me around” I yelled at her when we reached the hallway. “Fine, but move” She yelled back. I walked past her and down the stairs to find a line of suitcases beside the door and a group of impatient men. “You took your bloody time” Kisame scowled. “Sorry sharky” I replied before dodging a punch. “Don’t call me that” he hissed through gritted teeth. “Don’t call you what?” I asked innocently. “You know what” he replied before storming off in the direction of the car with his suitcase in hand.

The rest of us slowly made our way to the car and sat down- I ended up sitting between Hidan and Deidara with Tobi opposite me… the car ride went by slowly, Tobi was playing I-spy with Konan and would start shouting whenever he got it right… or wrong for that matter. I slowly drifted off to sleep and woke when someone shook my shoulders lightly. “Mmm…” I mumbled as I woke and found that I had been asleep on Deidara’s shoulder- I seem to have a tendency to fall asleep on people’s shoulder. I sat up quickly a light blush tinting my pale cheeks. I looked over to find that the car had stopped outside an amazing house joining the beach. Slowly I got out of the car and walked to the front of the building. “Wow” I breathed. “It’s amazing” I continued. “Yeah, it’s something isn’t it” Konan replied from beside me. We took one glance at each other before dropping our bags and running full sprint to the beach yelling. We kicked our shoes of and ran to the water letting it wash over our feet, we were soon joined by everyone else but they, with the exception of Tobi who is always hyper and ran screaming towards us, walked calmly towards the water taking their shoes off and joining us. “Yuuki please can I talk to you know?” Deidara whispered in my ear sending a chill down my spine. I nodded and we walked away from the group to the far end where we had more privacy. We walked in silence, I didn’t think my voice would work- I had a massive crush on him but I had been keeping it a secret, only Konan knew and know here I was walking side by side along a beach with him- sure we had been on missions together but that’s different. “Yuuki, I wanted to ask you something for a while, but every time I’ve tried to talk to you someone had interrupted.” I nodded signalling I was listening and for him to go on. “Well. Ever since I first met you I have started to have feelings for you as more than just friends and um… well I thought you should know” he said sheepishly scratching the back of his neck. “I’ve kinda had a crush on you since I first saw you…” I replied suddenly finding my feet extremely interesting. “Yuuki?” Deidara asked getting my attention back onto his face. “Will you be my girlfriend?” he asked, I couldn’t speak so I jumped on him hugging him tightly. “Should I take that as a yes?” he asked laughing.

I nodded my head before he pulled away from me slightly to look me directly in my eyes before inching his face closer to mine until our noses where touching, our lips joined in a passionate kiss. My hands moved into his soft, silky hair tugging on the ends lightly causing him to moan slightly into the kiss. We pulled away for air and he gently set me down on the sand before grabbing my hand and slowly making his way back to the group and an awaiting Konan. “Did he ask you?” she asked enthusiastically. “Yeah I did” Deidara replied before nibbling at my ear lightly causing me to blush and giggle. “Aw, you two make such a cute couple.” She squealed. I turned to Deidara before smiling at him before Konan yelled. “Let’s go swimming” we all nodded in agreement before walking back to the house to get changed and sort out our rooms…