Chapter 11

“I-I’m pregnant” I whispered when the test had changed colour. Deidara looked over at me smiling. “Really?” he asked, I nodded before he jumped up and ran over to me picking me up in a bear hug and spinning me around. I weakly hugged back. When Deidara set me back down he looked directly into my eyes and he could tell something was wrong. “Baby, what is it?” he asked worried. “What if we lose this baby as well?” I asked worriedly. “We won’t, this time I won’t let you fight anyone it’s all going to be ok” he soothed as tears started to form in the corner of my eyes. “How can you be sure?” I asked sadly. “Because I am here with you” he replied smiling and kissing me lightly. “If you’re sure” I whispered back before hugging the blond ninja. “Should we go and tell the others that you are pregnant?” Deidara asked. I nodded before Deidara took my hand reassuringly and led me downstairs to tell the others. When we had finished telling everyone we all sat around in the sitting room relaxing. “I think I’m going to walk around outside a bit” I said before slowly getting up and making my way to the door. I heard someone try and get up behind me but Deidara’s voice stopped them. “She’s scared let her have some time to think” he said quietly. When I was outside I walked to the tree I had sat in when I first found out about the miscarriage, I climbed up and sat on one of the highest branches. I don’t know how long I was up there or when it started to rain but I suddenly felt light droplets of rain hit the top of my head. I looked up and the rain splattered over my face. “Yuuki?” I heard Deidara call from beneath the tree before he was sat beside me on the branch. “You should come in it is freezing” he said quietly.

I nodded before he helped me down. “Here” he said handing me his hoodie. “I’m fine” I replied not taking the inviting jumper. “Seriously take it” Deidara replied as he wrapped it over my shoulders. “I’m sorry” I whispered glancing over at Deidara who looked confused. “What are you sorry for?” he asked his voice puzzled. “I lost our first baby and avoided you for ages and now I’m sitting in the rain which is also dangerous for our baby” I whispered more tears falling. “Shh… It’s not your fault we lost the first baby and I understand why you avoided me just after the miscarriage you mustn’t blame yourself for anything that has happened” Deidara soothed pulling me close to him. “We should probably take you to the doctors to make sure you defiantly are pregnant and also make sure everything is ok” Deidara said quietly. I froze, I couldn’t move, the last time I had been to the doctors was when I was told that my grandfather was dead. “Baby…” Deidara asked uncertainly. “I-I’m scared” I whispered. Deidara stopped and pulled me into his chest. “Shh… I’m here, I’ll look after you I promise” …

It had been four months since I had found out I was definitely pregnant again. Deidara had kept his promise and wouldn’t let me out of his sight. He had stayed by my side the whole time. “Deidara I love you” I whispered while I was sat lying on the bed with my head on his chest and his arms securely around me. We were watching ‘Total wipe-out’ “I love you too” he whispered back before slowly placing a hand on my stomach where a small bump had started to form. “There’s a little person in there” he whispered more to himself than me but I heard anyway. “Yeah, I know” I whispered back smiling up at him. “You know… we still haven’t thought of any names.” Deidara said looking over at me. “Yeah, true. Have you thought of any names?” I asked sitting up slightly. “Um… well, if it’s a girl… Eri or Rose and if it’s a boy Oliver or Kane” Deidara replied looking away unsure of my reactions to the name suggestions. “Yeah, I like them” I replied smiling. “The only other problem is last name” I told him. “Yeah, well either the baby can have my last name Iwa or your own. I guess it’s up to you.” Deidara replied. “Um… ok” I replied unsure whether to give the baby my last name or Deidara’s. ‘I’ll give the baby Deidara’s last name… but I won’t tell him until the baby is born.’ I thought. “I’m going to quickly get a drink do you want anything?” Deidara asked as he stood up. “Please can I just have a glass of water?” I asked. “Sure, I’ll be back in a minute” Deidara smiled.

After the blond had left I felt something move in my stomach before I felt it kick. I smiled down at my stomach and placed one hand on the spot where the baby had been kicking. A few minutes later Deidara walked back in with two glasses of water. “Deidara come here quickly” I breathed. “What is it? Is the baby ok?” he asked worriedly as he quickly ran to my side. “The baby’s fine. It’s kicking” I said quietly. “Really?” he asked, I nodded and grabbed his hand as the baby kicked again. I placed his hand over the place where my hand had been. “Wow” he smiled as he felt the baby kick before he kissed me in a heated kiss. We pulled away when someone knocked on the door. “Come in” I called, Konan walked in looking confused. “Yuuki there are some people downstairs looking for you” Konan said. “Um… ok I’m coming down.” I said before standing. Deidara immediately jumped up and stood beside me, he seemed tense. “Are you ok?” I asked him rubbing his shoulder. “Um… yeah just… never mind” he replied looking over at me and his featured softened and a small smile spread over his lips. we walked down the stairs and I stopped died in my tracks causing Deidara to walk into me. “Yuuki?” he asked before following my gaze. “M-mum, dad?” I asked disbelief evident in my voice. “Yuuki? What the hell?” My mother shouted. Deidara automatically pulled me behind him. “What are you doing here? How did you find me?” I asked annoyed, they decide to show up now. “What has happened to you?” My mother asked walking over to me.

“What do you mean what has happened to me?” I asked. “I mean this” my mum replied gesturing my stomach. “I-I’m pregnant” I replied. “What? Who’s the father?” she asked. “Me” Deidara replied drawing my mums attention to him. “You?” she asked not believing the truth. “Yes him” I replied. “But what are you doing here?” I asked again. “We came to find you and it seems that it was the right thing to do if you are getting yourself in this sort of trouble” Mum replied. “You are coming home with us” she decided. “No I’m not” I replied “I’m staying here, I’m happy here, they person I love is here, my family is here” I replied. “We are you’re family” mum replied. “No, this is my family” I replied gesturing towards all of the Akatski members that had crowded around us. “What?” mum said angrily. “This is my family so please leave” I replied calmly. “No, we are your family and you are coming home with us. You left your little brother and sister on their own at night.” Mum yelled angrily. “I didn’t deliberately leave them alone” I yelled back, my cool was wearing thin and I was slowly getting annoyed. “Do not raise your voice at me” mum yelled back. “Yuuki calm down baby” Deidara whispered in my ear. “Just leave please, I really don’t want to start a fight” I said in a calm steady voice. “Fine, but don’t come crying to us when things go wrong because trust my darling things will go wrong.” Mum replied before she stormed out and dragged dad off with her…