Chapter 13

Lilly's POV

The next morning when I woke up, it had already snowed outside. It was also pretty cold in the room too. I sat up in bed and yawned. I shivered. I looked around the room. That's right. Jose and I ran away from Brian and plums Ville to look for some answers on our psychic bond. Now there's only two until the wedding was to happen. I look to jose's side of the bed. He was already in the bathroom. That's right,I remember kissing Jose. But it was Jose that kissed me first then broke it off saying it was in the heat of the moment. I wonder if Jose likes me in that way but just doesn't to admit it? But that should be the least of my worries right now. I heard the shower turn off. I guess he's done. I get out of bed and stretched. A few minutes later,Jose walks out of the bathroom,fully dressed and ready to go. " take a shower now.it might be a while before you have a another one." He says. I nod went to take a shower. I had brought some clothes in the bathroom with me so I could change. After the shower,I put on a red shirt and white pants and black shoes. Jose had a black shirt,blue jeans, and black shoes on. We packed up our stuff and left the room. " um where's maki?" I say. " in the car. I put maki in the car while you were still sleeping. Don't worry I feed maki already." He says. Jose gives back the room key to the front desk while I waited in the car. Jose walks out of the hotel and gets into the car. Jose starts the car and leaves the hotel parking lot. " are we going to get something to eat?" I say. " yeah,in a little bit." He says. I look out the window,looking at the scenery. The scenery was a grass plain on both sides of the road. To sum it up,we were out in the middle of nowhere. There were maybe two or three houses out here but that was about it. Except maybe for a gas station and a couple of restaurants and hotels. I didn't know what to talk about with Jose. It was odd not knowing anything about him while we were traveling on the road. " hey Jose.i was wondering if we could-" I begin to say but Jose cuts me off. " if we could talk about my past. I know." He says. " I mean you don't have to talk about it." I say. " it's ok. I get it. You want to know more about me." He says. I continue to look out of the window. " well,back when I was about 13 years old and Megan and Brian were 11 and 9 years old,I used to play with a girl named Kimmy. We were good friends since 1st grade and we did everything together like birthday parties and other stuff like that. Anyway,while we were in 7th or 8th grade, Kimmy was invited to a party at a guy's house who was pretty popular in school which Kimmy had a total crush on. I was bullied a lot by the guy who invited her and he knew I had a crush on her. He did it,so I would for his little trap." He says " did you fall for his trap? What happened to Kimmy?" I say.
" no I didn't,I knew his prank of daring people like me into going into the old cabin and staying there all night locked up only to be scared by him and his friends. Anyway,it was the night of the party and I begged Kimmy not to go to the party. But she didn't listen. She went to the party anyway. I followed her without her knowing to keep an eye on her. Though the party,she would flirt and dance with people I didn't know. She was like a different person. The guy who I was bullied by lead her outside to the lake near the cabin. I followed of course. I watched as he kissed her. I had hidden behind a bush to watch as he proceeded to rape her. I had gotten so mad that I came out of the bush and tackled him. Of course I was beaten up. But before I blacked out, he take Kimmy by her feet and still fucked her before drowning her in the lake. Then the worst of it was he blamed everything on me. After that,no one wanted to be around me. I am sure you know why." He says. I cried a little. " I am so sorry. I shouldn't have asked." I say. " it's ok. It wasn't your fault. You didn't know." He says. " so anyway, how about you? What secret do you have?" He says. " well I never told anyone this not even my own dad but one time when I was about 7, I saw an angel fighting a demon. At the time,I thought it was in my head since at that age your imagination can be almost anything or anyone you thought of. I of course yelled for my mom and before I knew it,I had forgotten about it. But one thing I still remember was the chatter from the demon.but to me it was more like hissing." I say. " did you know what the demon said?" He says. " no.the only word I made out was time." I say. We stopped at IHOP to eat breakfast. I put maki in her poke ball and into my purse. My sword I left in the car. We were having pancakes for breakfast when there was a loud crash. A small black shadow ran by us really quickly. The staff ran after it shouting " hey come back here." " what was that about?" I say. " don't know.but we should leave soon." Jose says. Jose pays the bill and we leave IHOP. The same shadow flew by and went behind the place.i ran after it. " Lilly.come back here." Jose shouts after me. " wait,I need to find out what it is." I say back to him. He follows after me. The shadow stops in a grassy field. The staff were already there looking for it. " um can you tell me what the shadow is?" I say while stopping to rest. Jose catches up to me. " we don't know what it is.but many people say it looks like a fox." One of the staff says. " a fox?" I say. " yeah." Another one of them says. I walk out to the grassy field. I look back at Jose.it seemed like he convinced them to back inside. I look back at the shadow. Then the shadow came into focus. It looked like a ninetales. I pull out my device for ninetales. It explained to me it was a dragon type ninetales. It got into a battle stance. " Lilly.what is it?" Jose says. " it's a ninetales." I say. Jose walks up to me. " what's it doing here?" He says. " don't know.maybe it got left by its trainer." I say. " if it was left by its trainer,then we just leave it here.it can alway find a new trainer." He says. " but that could take a long time though. Ninetales trainers are few in number." I say. " we should go before we get caught." He says. I nod. Jose starts to walk away.he looks back at me. " coming?" He says. " yeah." I say. But before I turned around to leave,I throw maki' poke ball.maki came out. Jose stops. " what are you doing?" He says. " catching it. You said it needs a new trainer." I say. " maki. Use iron tail." I say. The ninetales gets hit. It uses thunderbolt. " maki dodge it." I say. Maki dodges it. " finish it up with ice beam." I say. Maki uses ice beam. The ninetales gets hit and faints. I pull out another poke ball and throw at the other ninetales. It goes inside.the poke ball shakes and then snap,it stops shaking. I pick it up. " I did it.i got a new friend.i will name this one Draco." I say. I put draco's poke ball in my purse.then I pick up maki' poke ball and put it in my purse as well.maki jumps onto my shoulder.i ran back to Jose. " sorry.i really wanted to catch it." I say. " fine,I forgive you.just give a heads up next time." He says.he walks back to the car.i follow him never once looking back.