The beginning of the end.

" Hey dad. when is mom getting home?" A 8 year old Lilly says.
" Soon." He says.

Lilly  had black hair and hazel eyes. Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail. She wore a pink dress with a white shirt underneath it. she also wore white socks with pink shoes.

Her dad on the hand, wore a green shirt with brown jeans with green socks and black shoes. His hair was black. But his hair was starting to grey. Her mom had black hair as well. But some reason, her hair didn't grey at all. She wore a black dress suit with black high heels this morning. Her dad worked from home sometimes and her mom was a lawyer.
Her dad worked as a part time doctor that's what her dad told her anyway.
But anyway, Lilly  was at the kitchen table doing her homework while her dad was making a sandwich, when the phone rang.

Her dad stopped what he was doing and answered the phone.
" Hello. Who's this?" He says.
" Wait. Slow now,Mike. what happened?" He says.
" Ok. We're be right over there." He says before hanging up the phone.
He turns towards Lilly and walks to the closet to get his jacket and her's.
" Lilly. Put on your jacket and get into the car." He says.
" But why?" She says.
" Because something happened with mommy and now we need go see her at the hospital." he says.
" Ok." She says.

She gets up from the table, puts on her jacket and went to the car.
Her dad moments later got in the car and drove to the hospital.
Once they arrived, they quickly walked into the hospital.
Her dad once inside got her mom's room number which was 502 and on the 2nd floor.
Her dad then took Lilly's hand and quickly walked with her in tow to the 2nd floor.
Her dad walked into the room with Lilly

Her mom was lying on bed, covered in bruises and cuts.
Lily wasn't aware of the fact that her mom was about to die.
" What happened to mom?" Lilly says while looking at her mom.
" She got into a car crash. She isn't going to live much longer." Her dad says sadly.
Lily walked up her mom and held her hand.

Lily started to cry along with her dad as her mom died in that bed at the hospital.
Lily then vowed never to cry again and to always keep smiling no matter what.
Lily was also unaware that soon darkness will then come back into her life and this time, it won't let her go a second time.