Chapter 1

The alarm clock went off at 7:30 this morning and on a Monday. Today I was starting a new school in plums ville. I was to start one month after school started in August during my junior year of high school. It's been 8 years since mom died. I miss her everyday. But I still smile.

I woke up and turned off the clock. I groaned sleepily.
" Can't believe I am starting school today in a brand new town." I muttered.
My dad and I moved around a lot since mom died. So I didn't get to make friends too often.

I lazily got out of bed and went to go shower.
Not much of my stuff was unpacked yet. My dad claims we're staying here until I graduate from high school but I don't believe him.
Once I am done showering, I put on a black mini skirt with black socks and and high heel boots with a white shirt and red jacket.
I then put my hair into two long ponytails with beaded hair ties and pink and white ribbons in each ponytail that was the same length as the ponytails. My hair had grown to the end of the butt. So girls were jealous of my long hair. But it was okay though for I was 5'8. After I was done with that I went down stairs and entered the kitchen.

I noticed a note on the counter next to the sink. It read: Lilly, sorry I am not here to have breakfast with you this morning but my new job called me asking me to come into work early at the hospital. hope you have a good first day at your new school. Love dad. P.S. Happy 16th birthday.
Yep that's right. I forgot it was my 16th birthday today.
Well happy birthday to me I guess.
I make some eggs for breakfast then got some orange juice too. After that, I got ready for school. I walked out to the bus stop near my house. My house was an old Victorian styled house that dated back to the 19th century. The town was pretty small but still big for a normal looking town. As I was waiting by the bus stop, I see a white Honda drive by heading in the direction of the school. I thought to myself, it must be a student driving. And the car was pretty clean too.
Just as I thought that, the school bus pulled up. the school was some distance away from my house so I had to take the bus there. I got onto the bus and found a empty seat and sat there. For a second, I thought I saw a shadow as the bus began to leave the bus stop. I shake my head and shrugged it off.

I looked out the window. I didn't notice the other kids were staring at me, wondering who I was nor had the guts to talk to me. I didn't seem to mind it since I normally didn't talk to people that much. The bus after maybe 10 to 15 minutes arrived at Plums ville high school. The other kids got off the bus first. After I was the last one to get off the bus, the bus took off.
The school was pretty big like some of the old schools I went to. It even had lockers. I start heading to the office to get my classes. After I got my classes and walked out of the office, I began to feel strangely dizzy and tired. But through all of that haze of dizziness, I somehow got to my locker. I opened my locker and got my things for my first class: math. when I closed the locker and began heading to room 102, I bumped into someone.

The person I bumped into was a girl. She had long blond hair with pale skin. She wore a white hair band that matched her white jacket and shoes. Under the jacket was a pink shirt that went with a black skirt and socks. She also had blue eyes.
" Watch where you're going, new girl." She says.
" I am sorry." I say.
" Yeah you better be." She says before walking down the hallway. I noticed people were watching me. I panicked. I looked left and right for a bathroom. Thankfully, I found one near me and ran inside. As soon as I did, I was spotted by two girls. One of the girls was African American and the other was Asian. The Asian looked at me and said " what do you want?" I say nothing. Then the other girl looked at me and said " well whatever. she is clearly new around. My name is Blair and this is next to me is Hannah."
They both flipped their long hair and then walked out of the bathroom.

They wore similar clothes of the girl I bumped into earlier. I relaxed and then walked out the bathroom. When I did, everyone had stopped staring at me. I proceeded to walk to room 102 again. Once I entered I found a empty seat in the back of the room. I sat there when everyone started to walk in when the bell rang. The teacher mr. Janes walks into the class.