Chapter 5

" I am not in love with him." I say. Brian's mom giggles.
" I was kidding. Can't a mom have a little fun?" She says.
I was annoyed by that a little. " Can please get back to the matter at hand?" Brian says. " Of course." His mom says.
" We get just the girl to ask her grandfather to give Brian demon powers and keep all of this a secret and in return, Lilly and her dad live here at our place." His dad says. " That could work." His mom says.
" What do you think, Brian and Lilly?" His dad says.
" I don't mind." Brian says.

" Fine. If it will keep my secret from being found out." I say.
" Good. Glad we're all in agreement. Now I am sure you must tired. We can get started on you and your dad moving tomorrow morning." His mom says. " But there is one more thing we need to say first." His dad says.
" What's that?" Brian says.
" We still need you to get married to someone soon. Do you have someone in mind?" His mom says.
" Yeah I do. I was meaning to do it later on but now is good as any." Brian says. Brian takes my hand in his.
"Lilly will you do me the honor of marrying me?" Brian says.
I didn't know what to say. " I-I"  I start to say.
I didn't really have a choice I guess. I mean one day I will have to take over hell one day and there's no one else to produce a heir to take over. At some point I will have to trade my freedom for the throne. But one thing worried me the most " Was I ready for all of this?"
" I am sorry. I need time to think." I say before running out the door.

I ran down different hallways and somehow got myself out to the garden. I hear Brian shouting after me.
" Lilly. Where are you going?" He shouts.
I panicked and ran into the hedge maze. I went all different directions, not knowing where I was going. I tripped and fell onto the ground. " Ow that hurt a lot." I say.
I get up and start walking to the center of the maze.
Brian continued to shout out to me " Lilly,darling. why are you running?"

I was too tired now to continue but I didn't want to marry Brian even if I am in love with him. I only said I didn't love Brian in front of his parents because I didn't want to admit that I was in love with him. I knew once I found out I was the granddaughter of lucifer that I would be a monster that everyone hates. I stopped to catch my breath.
" There you are." Brian says as he runs up to me.
" Don't come near me." I say.
Brian stops.
" But why?" He says.
" I can't marry you. I am monster in a human's body. I just can't go through with it." I say.
" Lilly." He says.
Brian starts to touch my shoulder but I quickly move away.

" Don't touch me!" I shout.
" Lilly! I don't care if you're a monster. I love you just the way you are. Even if you don't love me too." He says before grabbing me and pulling me into a hug. I was shocked. I didn't know what to do. I just put my hands on his chest and just stand there with him. " Brian. Do you still want me to marry you?" I say looking up at him.
"Yes I still do." He says. " Ok, I will marry you and help you get demon powers from my grandfather. But it won't be easy." I say. " Good. But why were you running away?" He says.

" I was scared and to be honest, I am not sure if I am ready to rule hell." I say.
" Don't worry. I am sure you will be ready one day." He says.
I smile. " And one day, the house will be filled with the laugher of our children." he says.
" Now hold on. Since when did you decide we're having kids?" I say.
" Just now. I want to have a least have 4 to 10 kids." He says.

" you want 10 kids?" I say.
" Yeah. How many were you thinking of?" He says.
" I was thinking 4 kids." I say.
" You're no fun." He says pouting.
" Aw don't be like that." I say.

He smiles back at me. " Lilly? Can I ask you something?" He says. " Yeah what is it?" I say.
" Can I kiss you again?" He says. I smile again and lean into kiss him. Our kiss was a passionate one. We broke the kiss and walk back to house, his hand in mine. That night, we slept in his bed. not sexually of course. and with that our new life together began that night.