Accelerate

transitive or intransitive verb

       • to move faster; to happen or cause to happen more quickly; to increase the speed of.

noun - acceleration

       • the act of accelerating or condition of being accelerated; the rate of increase in speed or change in velocity; the power of accelerating.

Connor's life is the definition of action-oriented. He lives from moment to moment and every fragment in between, hangs off each word he hears and says and pours every ounce of his being into the smallest twitch of his smile.

He doesn't miss a minute, doesn't waste a second, and it's a trait so deeply ingrained into the grooves of his brain that his neurons never so much as consider taking a different path. He lives life on the fast-track, finishes homework on time and partakes in every extra-curricular he can work into his already busy schedule. He takes classes over the summer and graduates a year early, spends his free time fiddling with a camera and capturing his sister's brilliant grin. He heads off to college for photography with a minor in social sciences and a couple business electives on the side, collects friends and new people and postcards from places he travels like he's trying to make as many memories as he possibly can before his time runs out.

Connor is alive and thriving, completely at home in a vibrant city full of flashing lights and a thousand things to do. His existence flashes by at a mile a minute with no signs of stopping, twenty years passing him by before he has the chance to blink.

And then, he does blink.

He blinks and everything slows down and speeds up all at once because there's music in the air and blue eyes like rainstorms dancing with his own, the city fading away to nothing but a single corner of cracked pavement with a ratty old keyboard releasing brilliant symphonies of sound.

Connor takes a moment just to breath it in, one hand in his pocket and the other clinging loosely to his camera. There's something ethereal in watching ivory fingers float across ivory keys, his heartbeat increasing in velocity to match the tempo of the music it's gravitating inexplicably toward. He snaps a picture before he can think twice, oceans crashing against forests as the kid playing looks up, drawn by the flash of his camera.

Smiling, Connor gives him an appreciative nod and drops a ten into his hat before moving along with his busy day.