Chapter 17

Joshua left me home again. It has been this way for the pass week now. I would hardly see him a few times at dinner and we would run into each other in his office. It as been getting weird and annoying at the same time.

Seeing that he has left me here, on my own, with nothing to do I decide to try out the pool. I dig through my closet looking for something that I could take a swim in.

I don't own a bath suite because I had no use for one. I was never one to flaunt my body, I never felt comfortable. I dug through my thins to find something and I found a mini shorts and a bra. "I guess this will have to work" I said to myself looking a the pieces of clothes.

After putting on the shorts and bra and putting my hair in a pig tale. I went out to the pool the water looked relaxing and calm. I slide down into the pool and let my body adjust to the water. I swam back and forth, racing the imaginary person thatmy mind has managed to create. I did that for about half an hour then pause for a rest. While I was sitting on the edge of the pool my eyes involuntarily start to swip over the back yard. It's big and spacious. The gazebo sat right in the center of the yard with a huge tree hanging over.

The sound of the front door closing knock me from my thoughts.

Who is that I know it isn't Bev because she won't be here for another week. I doubt it was Josh because he's at work. I heard foot steps coming towards the back door. What if it was a serial killer? What if it's some robbers?  I jump into the pool and swim to the bottom and sat there. I secretly pray while sitting at the bottom of the pool that whom ever it is they don't come out here. I see a figure walk up to the edge of the pool and stood there. Wait isn't he going to move? Did he noticed that I am down here?

My chest got tighter and tighter by the second till they gave in and I decided to swim to the surface. As I got closer and closer to the surface the more I could recognise the figure. When I finally surfaced Josh was standing there in a black fitted work pants that hang on his waist. The white shirt hugged his upper body perfectly with the slaves rolled up. His hair looking messy and his eyes tired.

"What were you doing down there?" He asked me with his eyes narrowing with each word.

"Um...thinking!" Seriously Sam  thats the best you could think of?

"At the bottom of the pool?"

"Yea. Why not!" I said to him but he just stood there starring at me.

"What are you doing here?"

" Did you forget that this is my house and I live her?" He said with a smirk on his face.

" no I mean what are you doing home so early?" He just turn, walking of

"I'm taking you to dinner  so get ready" and he just slid the door behind him. 

Thank goodness he's gone. I quickly got out of the pool and rap the towel around me before he decided to come back out here

Joshuas POV

The house sounds quite. I wonder what Samantha is doing. I went to my office but she wasn't in there reading as she would usually be. I went to her room and knocked on the door but there was no answer. While I was walking back down stair I heard a splash outside so I follow the sound outside. Standing at the edge of the pool I could see her sitting at the bottom of the pool. What is she doing? Isn't she coming up. Let's see how long she can stay down there. Nearing almost a minute I See her surfacing. 'She's good' I say to myself.

When she surface I would see the black bra that she had on. Below the surface I could see a blurry image of what seems like a mini blue shorts.

"What were you doing down there?" I ask her, my eye narrowing at esch word.

"Um...thinking!" She says looking up at me

"At the bottom of the pool?"  I never really took her as the stupid type

"Yea. Why not!" She said to me."What are you doing here?"

Why is she asking me what I am doing at my own home." Did you forget that this is my house and I live here!"

" no I mean what are you doing home so early?"

I just turn away from here walking back to the house "I'm taking you to dinner  so get ready" with that I close the door behind me.

While I was at the office today I mostly thought about what I could do to chear Sam up, then it came to me. I should take her out to dinner and I know the perfect place.

I pull on a light blue shirt and a black pants. I wasn't too fancy or too casual. I went down stairs to wait for Samantha. I have been sitting down her for almost twenty minutes. "Tsk. Topical female. always late" I said to the empty room throwing my head back

"I am not late because you didn't give me a specific time to be ready by" I heard her say entering the room. She was wearing a teal pants that hug her tighs perfectly. Her upper half she has on a gray top which did her curves justice.

I hear her clearing her throat " are you ready?" She say

"Um..yea..lets go then" I lead her to the garage and open the door. There were two vehicles. I choose the truck because It suits the ocasione. I slide into the driver seat and see Samantha struggling to get into the passenger seat because it was so hight. I laughed at her but she seemed to saw it as aske "what?" She ask me finally making it in I just shook my head

"Whats so funny?" She ask again.

"Nothing" i said to her while backing out of the garage.

It was an hour long drive. The ackword silence made the ride seemed even longer but we finally made it there. We pulled up to one of my favorite places. It was a park filled with food trucks. Food from allover the world here in one spot. I looked over at Samantha and she seemed surprised.

"Food trucks?" She  turned to me with a surprised yet confused look on her face.

"Yea, all different types of foods conveniently all in one place." I said to her opening my door then glancing over my shoulder at her. "Coming?" She just shook her head and opened the door.

We stood in front of my truck when taking in the surroundings. "which one do you want to try first?" I ask her and she look around and point to a truck
"How about that on!"

I follow the direction her hand was pointing to. "ok Jamaican food it is then" I turn to her.

We tried almost every food truck until she called it quits. "I don't think that I can go any further. This is more than my body can take" she says looking down at a very big slice of cake on her plate.

"would you like me to get it rapped up for you?" I ask her.

"Yes please" she said not looking at me.

"Ok give me a minute" I said getting up with her cake to get it rapped for her.