Chapter Twelve

After what happened two days ago. with Joshua coming to my room it took me a while that night to fall asleep. I spent most of the night replaying what happened. he looked god like leaning on the door post, with hair messy and the sleeves of his shirt rolled up. I had a felling that I hadn't had in years.

He just showed up at my door looking all concerned and all but disappeared. He spent most of the time at his company, he would leave early in the mornings and come back late at nights. Because he was mostly out I had lest work to do, I felt bored most of the time. I knew he regret what happened that day otherwise he wouldn't be avoiding me.

I layed there in my bed with my ear phones in listening to some Kpop. With Bev not here most of the time the house is so boring. My favourite song came on 'What Is Love' by EXO. I just layed there letting the song travel through my entire body. the song relates to what I am feling right now. half way through the song I tunred off the

After what happened two days ago. with Joshua coming to my room it took me a while that night to fall asleep. I spent most of the night replaying what happened. he looked god like leaning on the door post, with hair messy and the sleeves of his shirt rolled up. I had a felling that I hadn't had in years.

He just showed up at my door looking all concerned and all but disappeared. He spent most of the time at his company, he would leave early in the mornings and come back late at nights. Because he was mostly out I had lest work to do, I felt bored most of the time. I knew he regret what happened that day otherwise he wouldn't be avoiding me.

I lay there in my bed with my ear phones in listening to some Kpop. With Bev not here most of the time the house is so boring. My favorite song came on 'What Is Love' by EXO. I just lay there letting the song travel through my entire body. the song relates to what I am feeling right now. half way through the song I stopped it not wanting to feel more depressed than I already am.

I stood up and made my way to Joshua's office. Since as he will be avoiding me I'm just going to help myself to his things. I pushed one of the double doors to his office opened and made my way to the book shelf. there it was shining like a gift from heaven. I took it from its holding place, it was such a beauty. I sat on the nearby couch making myself comfortable " you can ignore me all you want but amma help myself will you do so" I said opening up the book and started to read.

Half way through chapter three I heard a sound. when I looked up it was Joshua, standing over me. I jumped to my feet. I was a light surprised. what am I say I was more than surmised, I could feel my heart going a solid hundred miles per hour.

"I'm sorry for begin in your office" he just stood there looking down at me. " I'll just..." I went around him to put the book back in its place, but a hand stopped me. I look down at the hand but its quickly let go then up at him.

"No....stay" I heard him stuttered. I looked at him a while longer to see if he was sure, he was. I sat back down and open up the book to the page I was reading. Joshua sat around his desk then his phone rang." Hello?......yes Bianca.....ok........what time......ok 9:30 sharp" an he hang up.

Bianca. must be one of his many, guess he has a big date with he. after the call the room was in complete silence, apart from the flipping of the pages of the book and Joshua flipping through the files. I couldn't take it anymore. " why are you ignoring me. did I do something wrong?"

I heard the paper stop flipping " I am not ignoring you and you did nothing wrong"

I turned around so I could see him because the couch was facing the book shelve. "Then why haven't seen you since the nigh you came to my room. did I say something wrong" I know I shouldn't care but I did.

he got up and walked over to me and sat next to me on the couch " listen Samantha. you did nothing wrong" he did it again. gave me that feeling by holding my face in his palm. " and I am not ignoring you its just the I have some personal issues to dealt with and work has been more demanding" I nod my head in his palm then his thumb move, rubbing my cheek. His eyes drift to my lips and my toung involuntarily ran over my lips. We start to move in close. We stayed like that for a while taking in each others presents. we start to move in close for the touch down then the phone rang . the stupid phone rang.

He pulled the phone out of his pocket, never breaking contact " Yes Bianca.....no I'm busy right now" I felt my face heat up when he said that. What does he mena by hes busy? He isn't doing anything. " well reschedule it.....yes....oh and Bianca don't call me for the rest of the day unless someone is dying" He hang up putting the phone back in his pocket. He was looking at me weird like I had something on my.

I quickly turned my head away from his gaze. I didn't like the feelings that came with it, I refuse to accept them. I kept repeating in my head that he'smy boss, nothing more. I just have keep telling myself that, then that little voice in my head started to talk to me. You can't even stand him, he's nothing but a player who is just looking for another mission to concur. Just stay focus you can do this. For your sister.

The little conversation that was taking place in my head was like an energy booster, because then I remembered my goal. Yea my goal, and nothing else. I can do this. You are a strong, independent.

I felt a slight tap on my hand. It was Joshua he most have noticed that I was in deep thought. " How about we get to know each other some more!" he said

"ok" I said placing the book onto my lap that I was gripping so tightly to my chest. If this was a crim I would be probably facing life in prison for attempted murder od a defensless book.

I have to prove to myself that he isn't a big deal and I can ignore him. Which will be a pice of chocolate for me, being that I have successfully avoid and ignored all the guys before him. I just need to keep in mind that they are all delusions that are here to try and distract us. But that ain't gonna happened.

Just women up Sam and dive right in. Head way.

Joshua POV

She seemed comfortable talking to me. she told me about her pass, like some of her childhood memories. she had a dog named 'Lee' but he died when she was 13. she told me about her dad and her stepfather that sounds like a great man and father.

I could tell that there where things that she was holding back, but its ok she will tell me on her own time. I don't want to press the matter and mess things up, I love the fact that she speaks so freely with me. She only acts tough but is actually fragile, as if she will shatter at the slightest impact. which means I have to be more careful in order to make her accept my proposal.

" I have always found it hard to maintain a friendship. Right now Liz is the closest friend I have but I messed that up too" sadness could be heard in her voice

"why don't you call her and make up. Isn't that what you females do" I heard her chuckle a little and I smile at that fact"

"I guess so, but I don't think that she wants to hear from me."

"You don't know that, Liz isn't that kind of person she's much more mature than that and she really cares about you so she will be glade to ear from you!" The expression her face turned from depressed to confused.4W8

She picked up on the last part of what I said. "How do you know Liz?"

She is really observant. "I guess I picked all of that up from that night at the club. She was talking about herself and telling us stories about her past, remember you where too drunk to even sit up straight on your own?"

"oh" she seemed unsure but quickly let it go.

"You should really give her a call and straighten things out between the two of you." we talked some more till it was time for dinner. We had food that Bev had prepared for us and left it in the fridge. It was a quiet dinner , but I didn't mind it at all it helped me to think.