Chapter Nineteen

When eight o’clock came, everyone was loading their suitcases in the trailer. Cody had already put his in earlier so he could just stand and hold Rachael until he was forced into the van. Rachel was looking out the front door watching them until Cody came up behind her and spun her around. She put her face in his chest and took a deep breath, breathing in his scent.

“Can I get in?” Cassie said through the screen, laughing.

“Yeah, come on love birds!” Dan yelled, not to far behind Cassie.

They laughed and moved over to the side. Cody knew the rest of the guys were ready. He saw Maxx closing the trailer door.

He sighed, “well.. They are ready to go..” Rachael looked up at him, seeing the sadness in his eyes, “it’s okay, we can text, and talk on the phone, and facetime all the time, it’ll be okay.. We will be together again soon.”

He smiled, knowing what she said was true, “You are right.” 

They went outside with everyone else, with Cassie right behind them. Sam, Cassie, Rachael, and Kat all hugged each of the boys goodbye. Rachael noticed Sam and Austin hugging just a little longer.

She smiled.“I’ll take care of him, and make sure he’s okay. I know he’ll be upset even if he says he’s fine,” Dan said when he hugged Rachael

. She squeezed him, “Thank you.” 

After she hugged everyone Cody took her in his arms and held her close. The guys got in the van and gave them a moment.

“I don’t know what you did to me this weekend, but I am under your spell,” Cody lifted up Rachael’s chin and looked her in the eyes.

She could stare into his blue eyes forever, she always got lost. “I think you have it backwards, I’m under your spell,” she laughed.

He leaned in and kissed her. She sighed, content. “Okay, I think I should get in the van, before they pull me in it.” he hugged her tight and kissed her again. 

Cody got in the front seat of the van. Rachael walked up to the window, “Bye guys, be safe driving. Have fun the rest of the tour. I’m going to miss you all.” She leaned in and waved at them.

“We’re going to miss you too!” she heard Austin yell from the back.

“Thank you for everything” Zach added.

“You’re welcome, and always welcome to come back if you need somewhere to stay.” She kissed Cody once more and backed away, so Maxx could drive off.