Chapter Six

Rachael was dancing around the room, to the song called Dad’s Song, by Set it Off. She loved it, and made a point to tell Cody that, last time she saw him. He cried a little when she told him about the first time she heard the song and wept, and hugged her tight. He lost his dad also, but about four years ago, and it took him four years to write the song.

She was interrupted from her thoughts and dancing when she heard clapping coming from the doorway. She looked over to see Tim.

“Well, look who finally showed up,” Rachael joked with him.

“Yeah, my babysitter got stuck in a traffic jam, due to a car accident” Tim said as he started stretching to get ready to join her in dancing.

It was about twelve thirty and they had just finished one of the new dances Tim had come up with. It was pretty fast and to the song called “Dance, Dance” by the group called Fall out Boy.

Rachael was loving this dance so much, “This was a good choice, what made you chose it?”

“I heard the song on the radio the other day & thought it would be a really good faster song to get a dance going to it."

Rachael agreed with this as she took a big drink of water, “man, I’m defeinatly working off that milkshake I had last night,” Tim laughed and then asked “Lunch?”

Rachael shook her head and they headed out down the street to the little healthy resturant they liked to eat at.  Tim grabbed two salads and went to the register. Rachael went to pull her wallet out,

“I got it this time, you did last time” Tim said pushing her money away. Rachael just laughed.

After lunch they went back to the studio and started the other dance Tim wanted to try. This time it was a slow song, called Wanted, by Hunter Hayes. Rachael actually really loved this song.

She had the dance down fast and Tim was surprised, “wow, you really get this dance, have you done it before?”

Rachael laughed and shook her head no, “I just really like this song, so I feel more focused I guess.” Tim shrugged and they kept dancing.

“Are there any of the four you want to go over?” Tim asked her when they felt they had the other one down.

Rachael thought about it, “yeah, dream catcher, since it has props I want to make sure I have it right.”

Tim never understood why Rachael underestimated herself, he thought she was a great dancer, but he went and got the props and set them up and she got a drink of water. They ran through the song a few times. Before they knew it, it was six.

“Well, I think it’s time to call it a day,” Tim said laughing and falling into a chair.

“Sounds good, but I need to talk to you..” Rachael sat down on the ground and took another drink.

Tim looked concerned, “what’s up?”

Rachael laughed, “Well I have company coming over this weekend, so I wanted to make sure it was okay with you we didn’t have practice.”

Tim took a drink of his water, “Oh, of course, you remember I can’t practice tomorrow because of Tony’s doctor appointments?” he asked her.

“Of course,” she smiled.

They both left and when Rachael got home she went inside to get into her bathing suit wanting to take a swim and lay out in the sun.

Her mom greeted her when she walked in the house, “hey honey, how was practice?” she was stirring the spaghetti in the pot. 

Rachael smiled, she loved spaghetti, “It was long, but good. I think we got the two new dances down.”

Her mom took a drink of her wine, “well that’s good, what do you plan on doing now?”

Rachael grabbed a water out of the fridge, “I was thinking of swimming and laying out.

Her mom nodded, “Oh, Sam said hi and she’s so excited it’s her last day at work this week.” They both laughed and Rachael went up to her room.

When she pulled her phone out of her bag, she saw she had some messages and three missed calls, all from Cassie. She read the first message that said, “I need to talk” and just called her without reading anything else,

“Hello” Cassie said.

“Hey, do you want to come over? I was going to swim and lay out, we could talk,” Rachael said.