You're Mute

NO POST ON sUnDaYs

Steve-

I can't speak, you signed at Steve, who you just met. He tilted his head quizzically, and Clint spoke for you. Since Clint is 80% deaf (a commenter told me this thank you), you both knew sign language.

"Oh, I'm sorry," says Steve, and you shrug. Clint got dragged away by Natasha, so you Steve couldn't understand you.

"What powers do you have?" Asks Steve.

I can heal the sick, you signed slowly.

"Uh, maybe write that down?" Asks Steve. You smile and write it on a post it.

"Cool," says Steve, and you both had an awkward silence.

"Um, you wanna train maybe someday?" Asks Steve (a/n: ya go Steve, you got this).

You smile and nod.

Tony-

Pass the remote, you signed at Tony, and he passed it to you.

Thanks, you sign, and Tony kisses your cheek in response.

"You still have to teach the others," says Tony, and you smile.

Okay, you sign.

Thor-

Poor Thor. He doesn't understand sign language, so you had to go through the long process of teaching him.

You sign I am Thor at him, and he nods. He gets it, finally.

You smile, and then sign, You try it.

He fumbles around, and eventually comes up with, I you Thir.

You covered your mouth with your hand and laughed silently.

You did I you Thor, you sign. Thor sighs.

Sorry, he signed back. You smile reassuringly.

You'll get it soon, I promise.

Clint-

"NO!" Yelled Clint at the tv.

What's up? You signed.

"EREN GOT SWALLOWED BY THE TITAN! WHAT THE HECK MAN?"

You smile, remembering months ago when you recommended Attack On Titan to Clint.

Uh no spoilers, you sign, raising an eyebrow.

Bruce-

Hand that beaker, you sign, and Bruce passes it to you.

Bruce learned sign language after your vocal cords got injured. They said it won't be likely to speak again.

Bruce was helpful, though. You probably wouldn't have gotten through this without him.

Natasha-

You never spoke again after the Red Room. And Natasha understood that. So she learned sign language, so she could talk to you.

Now, you sign back and forth between each other with rapid fire. The other Avengers are clueless.

Loki-

He uses magic to make your voice or tongue come back.

"Loki?" You say, surprised by the sound of your voice. Loki nods, tears threatening to fall. "Yes, my love," he says, and you smile.

"I can speak."

Bucky-

You managed by writing on paper. And he loved you just the same, he didn't care that you couldn't speak.

Wanda:

She had her magic.