#19. It's Just A Nightmare

This is part two of #19. You Die

Thomas-

"THOMAS!" You scream. The Griever was catching up to you. "Y/N!" He yells. Something cold lodges itself in your back: a Griever blade. You gasp and fall limp onto the ground. "NO! Y/N!" Thomas watches as the Grievers retreat. Content with the damage. He doesn't even realize he's running towards you until he's on his knees, clutching you to his chest. "I'm so sorry."  By the time his words escaped his lips your eyes had already gone dim, a pained expression forever etched in your face.

You feel the hammock swing wildly and slowly force your eyes open. Thomas is sitting up, breathing hard. "Thomas?" You whisper. He wraps his arms around you and sobs quietly into your hair. "Shhh. Thomas? What happened?" You whisper, rubbing his back soothingly. "You-Griever-I could have saved you." He sobs. "It was just a nightmare Thomas. I'm right here."

Aris -

"Aris!" You scream, running through the maze. "Y/n!" He yells back. You trip, shutting your eyes tightly and bracing yourself for pain. It comes a second later, unbearable and miserable. You let out an ear splitting scream, terrifying Aris. He ran into the maze, ignoring all the rules. "Y/n!" He yelled, Sonya not far behind. They rounded the corner, and there he saw you, dead and bloody, slashes covering you arms, face, and legs.

You hear someone gasp loudly. "Aris?" You reach over, eye still closed, and grab his hand. "You're okay right y/n? You're not hurt?" You shake your head. "No. Why?" You whisper. "Nightmare." He whispers back. You nod and roll over, putting your head on his chest. "I love you." He whispers. "I love you too."

Minho-

The Griever continued to chase you through the maze. Even though you'd been a runner for as long as you'd been there you still were making wrong turns. It screeches and lunges, tackling you to the ground. You scream, the terror in your voice clear to everyone's ears. They stood at the doors, waiting for you to come back. "Min-" Your scream was cut off by the sound of a Griever. By the time Minho got to you, the Griever had already smothered the life out of you.

You sip your water quietly. That is, until Minho shoots up, making you fall out of the hammock onto the floor. "Y/n?" Comes his panicked voice. "Right here." You put you hand up but immediately drop it, too lazy to get up. "What are you doing on the ground?" He peeks over the edge, careful to make it not tip over. "I fell." You shrug, using the pole to help yourself up. "You okay?" You lay down next to him, brushing hair from his face. "Yeah." You smile and shake your head. "Liar." He shrugs. "I don't want to talk about it." He presses his lips against yours. "Don't leave me." You smile. "Never."

Newt-

"MED-JACKS!" Newt turns to see you being carried by Minho and Ben. He ran as fast as possible to the Med Jack hut. "Get him out of here." Alby tries to pull him away. You continue to scream and whimper in pain. "Y/N!" Newt yells, struggling against the older boy. "Newt! Stop!" Alby yells. The tears he'd been holding back escaped and he held his face in his hands. Your screams faded away and he looked up. You lay there, pale and limp, and no breath leaving your mouth. He sank to his knees, sobs racking his body as reality came crashing down on him.

You tiredly walk over to Newt and your shared hammock. You hear broken sobbing and immediately walk over to the noise.
Newt.
"What's wrong?" You wrap your arm around him in a hug and wipe away his tears. "Nightmare?" You give him a sympathetic look. He just wraps his arms around you and buries his head into your chest. That night he cried himself to sleep.