Chapter Sixteen

'When a man loves a woman, can't keep his mind on nothing else'

There was something comforting in the scratchy sound of an old fashioned record player and 'When a Man Loves a Woman by Percy Sledge' on vinyl was the definition of perfect.

Lily smiled as she headed into the kitchen and poured herself some juice, wearing just Ryan's blue shirt, the music was enough to bring Ryan out of the bedroom. He was just wearing his Boxers "Sorry I didn't mean to wake you" Lily smirked as she watched him grab a glass off the rack.

"It's okay" Ryan smiled "Are you feeling any better, did you get much sleep?"

"Not really" Lily frowned.

"Still being sick?" Ryan wondered and Lily just chuckled.

"Yeah apparently your child finds it difficult to grasp the concept of morning" she smiled cheekily.

"Is it normal to be sick all day? It's been almost 2 weeks now?" Ryan was worried for Lily "Maybe you should give Doctor Taylor another call?"

"Yeah I might, it's getting difficult hiding it from everyone, when I keep throwing up every two minutes" Lily frowned and then paused.

"Again?" Ryan guessed and Lily nodded before rushing off into the bathroom again. He put his glass on the side and followed her, he walked in the bathroom and crouched down behind her.

Lily moved back from the toilet, sat on the floor and let her head fall back onto Ryan's chest "You okay?" Lily smiled and Ryan kissed the top of her head "If I could take this off you I would" he added and Lily laughed a little.

"Believe me if I could give it to you I would, why should you get to walk around Scot free?" Lily teased as she let Ryan help her stand.

"Maybe you should come to the studio today so I can keep all an eye on you?" Ryan suggested and Lily nodded.

It had been 3 weeks since Lily got the news about her pregnancy and up to now both her and Ryan had managed to keep it to themselves. With the exception of Dean of course, Lily figured he would need to know considering how closely she worked with him.

××

"Wow Lily you look terrible" Anna frowned as Lily and Ryan walked into the studio.

"Thanks" Lily sighed as she slumped on the red leather sofa.

"Seriously though honey are you sure you're okay to be here?" Anna added in a more concerned tone.

"I'm fine, just a bit..." Lily felt the urge to be sick again "Sorry" she grabbed her mouth and rushed to the toilet.

"LILY" Anna got up quickly and rushed after her "Honey" she knocked gently on the door and waited for Lily to open it, she looked a little sheepish as she walked out "Oh my god, Lily" Anna gasped "Is this what I think it is?"

Lily shrugged and Anna hugged her excitedly "How long have you known?"

"A few weeks, I found out while I was in Carolina" Lily explained when Anna finally let her go "It's still early days though so we haven't told anyone else..."

"Oh don't worry sweetie, I won't say anything to anybody" Anna hugged Lily again and followed her back into the lounge area where Ryan and the rest of the guys were still sat.

"You okay baby?" Ryan asked and Lily nodded before going over to the laptop. She logged into her email account and read through the most recent.

The sound of the others faded out as she read the emails from Dean about a new job "Does anybody want a drink?" No one heard her so Lily stoop up and headed towards the kitchen. But the motion of standing up caused her to wobble a little.