Chapter Three

"Where were they?" Lily's voice was shakey. She turned to Ryan who was sat on the bed with her holding her hand in his.

"We found them in the lounge, the bathroom and then the one that Ryan found in your bedroom" The officer explained in a gentle tone "We also found..."

Ryan's head shot up instantly, he listened as the officer continued "...a wire in you car and your cell phone has been tapped"

"And he did all of this?" Lily stuttered in between shallow breaths, she was obviously trying to fight her tears.

The officer nodded sympathetically "We also found something else when we checked your car, Lily the brakes have been tampered with..."

"What?" Ryan exhaled in complete terror "Oh god..."

"So he wanted to hurt me too?" Lily finally gathered herself "I don't know what to...I can't even..." Lily's shaky hand lifted to wipe the tear's away from her eyes "Has he...?"

"He's confessed to all charges..." Lily took a deep breath in as she felt the heaviness lift, she let her head fall back for a second before breaking down in Ryan's arms.

"Shh, it's over baby" Ryan whispered into Lily's ear as he held her, he could feel her body trembling against him "It's over"

××

"And you're willing to stand up in a court of law and admit all of this? What you did? What he asked you to do? The fact Blake Timms paid you to watch Lily Grainger's every move" the Sargent pushed Billy Jonson to talk, Billy was the man who had been helping Blake get closer to Lily since his AVO.

"Yes" Billy nodded "I never thought it would come to this, I mean I knew he had an obsession with the girl but I didn't think he was capable of this. If I did I would have come here sooner"

"Why didn't you?" AN officer snapped.

"Because where I come from power talks and so does money. Blake made it clear if I didn't help him he would see to it that I lost everything" Billy sighed "I have seen him destroy people...take their homes, wives kids..."

××

"Ryan I can't go home" Lily had been cuddled up to Ryan for hours, they had watched countless movies and TV box sets.

"What?" Ryan turned his body to face Lily.

"I can't go back to the apartment knowing he has been there, I..." Lily panicked a little.

"Hey its okay you don't have too " he brushed Lily's cheek with his fingers and smiled "You can come back to my place, stay with me until you sort stuff out"

Lily smiled weakly and nodded "Yeah, thank you, hey would you mind getting me a drink?"

"Yeah sure what do you want?" Ryan stood up and grabbed some change out his pocket.

"Just a tea" Lily grinned as she watched Ryan leave, she couldn't have been happier.

Ryan walked down the corridor and headed towards the drinks machine in the bottom of the next corridor "Oh my god" A voice interupted his thoughts "Oh wow you're Ryan Tedder" A female gasped.

Ryan turned to see a frail looking woman standing behind him "Yeah, hello nice to meet you"

"I'm sorry this must be strange for you it's just my son is a huge fan of yours and...well truth is he's not doing so well and I was thinking seeing you might cheer him up a little" the woman seemed desperate.

"Yeah sure, where is he?" Ryan was always so humble when it came to fans, although at the back of his mind he knew he needed to get back to Lily, he also knew this woman was pretty much reaching out to him for his help.