Chapter Four

It had been three weeks since Lily came home from hospital and almost five weeks since she was shot. As promised Lily went to stay with Ryan while she searched for somewhere to live. Violet and Tom had returned home, rest assured in the knowledge Ryan was taking good care of their daughter.

"Have you seen my leggings?" Lily frowned as she walked back into the bedroom wearing just her underwear and a white oversized t-shirt which had a pocket on the right side.

"No" Ryan smirked "but if you don't stop walking around the house like that, I swear we are never going to be on time for anything again" Lily squealed excitedly as Ryan scooped her up and dropped her gently down on the bed, before kissing her neck.

"Ryan as lovely as this is we need to get ready" Lily chuckled "Jennifer won't wait, and I don't want to lose this opportunity"

"Alright fair enough" Ryan mocked sulking as he stood up and pulled Lily gently to her feet, he gently traced Lily's now slightly swollen stomach with his fingers "I love you both so much"

Lily rested her hand on Ryan's fingers and smiled "We love you too" She kissed Ryan gently before rushing away to continue looking for her leggings.

××

Lily grabbed Ryan's hand tightly as nerves overwhelmed her "You'll be amazing" Ryan kissed Lily's temple as he paused to pose for photos. Lily took a step back and allowed Ryan to be snapped. She spotted Jennifer in the distance.

"I'm just going to see Jennifer" Lily smiled as she left Ryan talking to the press "Hey honey, sorry I'm late" Lily hugged Jennifer.

"Oh no you're not late" Jennifer grinned "We have only just arrived ourselves, why don't we go somewhere quiet for that chat" she suggested and Lily nodded "I see you and Ryan Tedder are officially a couple"

"Yeah" Lily replied replied as she walked beside Jennifer out of the noise and into a smartly decorated room "Wow this lighting is beautiful" Lily glanced around the room at all the different fixtures.

"Isn't it?" Jennifer smiled "It's the best room in this place. Thing is I need the best, and that's why I called you
Sweetie"

"OH I wouldn't say I'm the best..." Lily had always been modest.

"YOU ARE THE BEST" Jennifer insisted and Lily surrendered instantly "Anyway the thing is I need someone to shoot action shots for our new TV show"

"Okay?" Lily was curious and cautious at the same time "What kind of action exactly?"

"Well the show is called Adrenaline Junkie..." Lily stopped Jennifer mid sentence.

"Oh" she interrupted with a weak smile "I can't do anything strenuous right now...because erm..."

"Oh of course you can't, how could I be so silly. I should have realised" Jennifer frowned. Shit she knows I'm pregnant Lily panicked "Your injury...The shot wound..."

"OH yeah" Lily replied Shit that was close she thought to herself.

"Well how about some of the coverage shots, thing is Lily I really want you to be on board with this" Jennifer offered Lily a glass of wine.

"No thank you" Lily politely resisted the wine "I'd really like to be on board with it" she smiled.

"Good then that settles it, you will take coverage shots of the show until you are well enough to do the full action shots" Jennifer seemed satisfied with her new recruit "It's good to have you on board sweetheart, now go and get yourself back to that handsome man of yours" she air kissed Lily and opened the door for her. Lily headed back out into the crowd. She spotted Ryan talking to Adam Levine, Lily walked over to them slowly.