Prologue

Ryan and Tom sat at the table watching the girls head into the ladies toilets, they were sat in the resturant waiting for dessert "So Ryan what did you want to ask me?" Tom smiled as he sipped from his water glass.

"You know how much I love your daughter...?" Tom nodded "And I know it's a bit soon but I don't mean I want it to happen right away.." Ryan was getting nervous, as he tried to find the right words "Thing is I really want to marry Lily eventually and I would really like it if I had your permission to ask her"

"You already know my answer Ryan" Tom smirked "It's yes, of course it is. You make Lily so happy. But just out of interest what would you have done if I'd have said no?"

"I would have asked her anyway" Ryan laughed a little as he drunk some of his beer.

"You know what, that's exactly why I think you're perfect for Lily" Tom explained "You put the way you feel about her before anyone or anything else"

"That's because she comes before anyone or anything else" Ryan smiled "You and Violet have raised an incredible woman and now I have her in my life I couldn't possible imagine my life without her"

..................

A.N

Just a short flashback chapter to ease you all into the new book...The first proper chapter will be added tomorrow :) love you all lots <3