.:The Protector:.

.:Ruby's pov:.

I called and told my mom that I was going to be gone for a while, not that she liked it, and I ran all the way to Sapphire's house. Once there I banged in on the door. Her mother came to the door. "Hello Ruby!" She said with a smile. I greeted her back "hello Mrs. McCarthy. Is sapphire home?" I asked and I was playing with my fingers. "Yes....she isn't feeling well though....she hasn't been eating....maybe you could help." She said with a faint smile. "Well may I go up to her room?" I asked and her mother nodded and I went up the stairs to her room. I stood at her door and I started repeating "I'm going to protect you," over and over in my head. I felt as if it was my duty. I knocked on the door. "Sapph? Hey its ruby, can I come in?" I asked before opening the door to see her curled up in her bed. There was a full plate of food on her table next to her bed not even touched, I sighed and walked over and sat on her bed. She shifted and turned to me. Her face was pale and she looked exhausted. I looked at her with sad eyes and I started running my hand through her blonde hair. She looked up at me. "Why are you here?" She asked taking my hand in hers and she placed it on her cheek leaning into it. "I'm worried about you....you never replied to my texts or calls...you mother said that you are not eating....what's wrong...please I want to help...I love you..." I said with my eyes starting to water. She didn't say anything. "Sapphy....please..." u said now Starting to cry. I've never felt this way about anyone or anything before and seeing her in this state hurt me. I noticed that she had started crying aswell. "I-I love you too...." She said sitting up letting go of my hand and she reached over to her phone. "Here.....this is what has been happening...." She told me handing me her phone. I looked at an instagram post and the comments were awful. "Have you told your parents?" I asked looking into her sky blue eye. How can anyone say things about such an intelligent and beautiful girl. She shook her head "no...I'm afraid to.." She started to cry and she leaned into my chest, more like boobs, and wrapped her arms around me. I couldn't help but tear up. I hugged her back and we stayed in each other's embrace for what seemed like eternity. We finally let go. "You need to eat..." I told her. She didn't seem like she wanted to. "Why would you let what those people say about you hurt you?" I asked she shrugged. "I mean....they are right though....I am a cyclops frea-" I couldn't believe it. She was hating herself, why? She knows she is beautiful. "SAPPHIRE! I already said this once and I probably will say it as long as we are together....YOU....ARE...BEAUTIFUL! These people are jealous! Siroursly! They want to hurt you to get some sort of evil pleasure out of it. You have to realize that you are everything that these people want that they will NO WAY IN HELL ever acheve!" Sapphire was giggling. I could tell that she knew I was right. "I love you....there is no one else on the face of the planet that makes me feel the way that you make feel." I said. She looked at me with slight pink in her cheeks. "Really?" She said "really" I replied as I went in and kissed her. We pulled away and she went into a giggle fit, Which is the cutest thing EVER, and I smiled. "There is my laughy sapphy! Nobody is ever going to hurt you ever again, I promise" I said planting a kiss on her nose. Eventually I got Sapphire to go down stairs and eat. I went home that night with a thank you from her parents who were pleased to have their daughter back. When I get back to school, the Diamonds are going to get it for ever hurting my Laughy Sapphy.