forty nine

"Liam is being insufferable. He's always telling me what to do."

Merry shrugged. "I thought we all knew what we signed up for when we went out with these guys."

Diana nodded, taking a sip of her drink. "Niall is constantly calling me. And I don't take it as a sign of mistrust, but that he cares, you know. And Liam really cares about you, I can tell. All he does is make sure you do good in school and that you aren't fucking up all of the time, which we all know you're capable of." She elbowed Maddie in the arm lightly.

Maddie pouted. "I do not always fuck up."

"But you're bratty, Madz."

"So are you guys..."

The other two rolled their eyes as they entered the store. Maddie walked in right behind them.

Maddie and Diana sat down as Merry went to the assistant and told her exactly what she needed. Diana was texting, obviously, and Maddie was just looking around.

Diana's eyes suddenly widened and she stared at the store entrance, shocked. "Maddie! Isn't that your ex boyfriend?", she asked shaking Maddie violently by the shoulders. Once Maddie had turned around, she knew it was a bad idea. Her ex spotted her and sent her a smile. Maddie didnt know what to do so she quickly turned back around. "Oh my god Diana he saw me", she said with wide eyes. "Uh oh lets go get Merry", Diana chuckled and grabbed Maddies arm, pulling her with her.

Diana felt a tap on her shoulder and she knew exactly who it was. "Hi youre Maddies friend?", Dylan asked as she spun around quickly. Diana looked at Maddie, who was already staring back at her. "Uh yeah", she answered wanting him to leave. "Im her ex", he grinned, "and also single", he added winking. Diana wouldve thrown up then and there. "Im Diana. Oh and im also taken", she smiled brightly.

"Yeah, by me", said a voice behind Dylan. Dylan turned around to see a guy with blonde hair. "Oh hi babe!", Diana beamed with happiness. Maddie was glad that Niall was here or Dylan wouldve never left.

Dylan walked away without saying another word.

Niall was kind of jealous that he was talking to his girlfriend. "Niall!! Im glad you came, he was about to punch Maddie in the face!", she smiled. "oh yeah?" "yup".

"What are you doing here though?", Maddie asked confused. Her question seemed to make Diana curious so she nodded.

"Aw damn you caught me. Me and Harry were looking for presents", he said pointing behind him and there Harry was looking at some nail polish. Diana and Maddie both looked at each other probably thinking the same thing.

"Presents for what?", they asked in unison. "Zayn's sister is visiting and its her birthday tomorrow", he answered. "OHHHHH! Shit, i totally forgot. My bad", Maddie snorted slapping her knee.