eighteen

---Louis' POV---

I was rudely awakened by a big hand on my side, shaking me. "Daddy, please..."

"Wake up, pumpkin."

"I'm tired, though." I turned over and glared when I saw Maddie with Liam standing behind her. "What does she want?"

"She's here to apologize. And you're going to accept her apology."

I scoffed. "Not if I don't want to."

"Cool. Because I don't want to apologize."

Liam opened his mouth to say something, but the doorbell rang. "I'll be back, and you better have apologized before then, Maddie."

I looked at Harry and Maddie expectantly and jumped when she burst into tears.

"I'm sorry, Lou! I didn't want to slap you, but I was having a bad day and my anger got the best of me, and Liam and I had gotten in a fight before that, and I have to go back to school next week, and I'm a mess!"

I frowned. At 18 years old, Maddie was the youngest out of all of us, and she was just out of high school. She graduated at 17 and went to college straight away. That's where she met Liam, who is a professor there, but that's another story.

I keep forgetting that she's just a baby. She's our baby and we have all been doing a pretty good job of making sure she was alright. Maybe we have been neglecting her lately.

I sighed. "I accept your apology. Come here." I sat up on my bed and winced because my ass was still sore. She shuffled over and I pulled her down into my lap, giving her a hug. "You know I love you, right? We all do. Especially Liam."

Harry sat down next to us and I smiled at him before kissing Maddie on the forehead. "I know."

"Good. I'm sorry for calling you names."

Liam walked in with a blonde guy and smiled when he saw Maddie and I getting along. "This is Niall Horan, aka Diana's boyfriend, aka our loud ass neighbors."

Niall smirked. "Don't think you guys are any quieter. Is there ever a moment where you guys just relax? All the time, there's someone getting punished or being fucked into the wall. If you're going to punish someone, do it quietly."

Harry raised an eyebrow at that. "And how do you suggest we go about that?"

"You think Diana's an angel? She gets punished almost all of the time. But you guys wouldn't know that because I have my ways."

"Did you need something, Niall?" I asked.

He shook his head. "Nah. I'm waiting for Diana to get home. We have to discuss some things."

"Would it have anything to do with the fact that your hair is purple?"

He rolled his eyes. "Lilac, actually, and that's exactly why."

Maddie's phone buzzed and she picked it up. "Hey...Oh, Diana? Okay. Really? We'll be right there. Yeah." She stood up and shoved her phone in her pocket. "Guys, we have to go. Mary just passed out and they're at the hospital."