Chapter Thirty-Three

When he opened his eyes the next morning, Tony found Kelly still snuggled up against him, her breasts pressing into his back, her arm draped possessively over his hip. He smiled as she mumbled something in her sleep and rolled onto her back.

He carefully shifted, propping his head on his fist to smile down at her. It was still dark and the only light came from the bathroom behind him. But it was enough. In the soft nightlight glow, Kelly looked even more beautiful. She was always a pretty girl, especially those eyes, but she'd matured into a breathtakingly gorgeous woman, as far as he was concerned. Simply put, she was stunning.

And for some strange reason, she loved him.

He glanced at the clock. Ten to five. He didn't know what time she usually woke up, but this morning, he'd let her sleep. So, he carefully slid to the edge of the bed and stood, then padded into the bathroom to get the shower started.

When he emerged, she was still sound asleep, so he moved as quietly as he could to get ready for the day. Getting dressed in the dark was a new experience, but a quick jump into the bathroom, and the light, and he sighed with relief. Nothing was inside out or backwards and he'd managed to get through his entire morning routine without missing anything. It'd been a long time since he'd had to worry about waking someone else, and thankfully hadn't made too much noise while he brushed his teeth or shaved.

He was tugging on his black Nikes when Kelly popped her head up. "What time is it?"

"Almost six," he whispered. Why the hell was he whispering? There was no one else in the room. "What time do you have to be in?"

"Ten. Beginner's step. The one class I won't miss teaching." She sank back into his pillow with a yawn. "Did you leave any hot water?"

"I think there's plenty of hot water, but I can get Shane and Alyssa up if you want to sleep in." He tied his left shoe and then brought his right foot up. "Is there any particular order Shane gets his meds in?"

She smiled, her eyes glittering in the darkness. "I can get it. I'm up and I might as well get up."

As she sat up, he had to fight back a groan. The covers fell away and she hadn't bothered to dress before falling asleep last night. Tony's blood warmed, speeding up in his veins, heading south as he cleared his throat. "Now, this is something I could definitely get used to seeing every morning."

"Oh, sorry."

She grabbed the comforter to tug up, but he caught her by the wrist. "Don't ever apologize, honey." He glanced at the clock. Ten to six. "I've still got a few minutes."

As he spoke, he gently eased her down onto her back, covering her from the waist up. Her sigh tickled his ear as he bent to sweep his lips along her left shoulder and up into the curve of her neck. "Mmmm... Tony... you're going to be late..."

"No, I'm not." He heard the shower downstairs start. One of the kids was up. He let his left hand slide up along the slope of her waist. Over the curve of her right breast. It was soft and firm, fitting perfectly in his hand. "Trust me, we've got time."

She sighed softly again, and not long after, she sank against him, trembling as she whispered, "Damn..."

He smiled, gathering her hair in both hands to draw away from her face. "I told you I only needed a few minutes. And I'm learning your hot spots in the process."

Her fingers moved through his hair, pushing it back over his left ear. "Tony, right now, my entire body is a hot spot."

"I've noticed." He brushed a kiss over her lips and then reached down to carefully ease from her. "And now I've got to get dressed all over again, woman. Thanks."