Chapter 24

Joey's pov

My alarm clock started blaring and i opened my eyes slowly and i felt cold. Daniel was gone and i sighed sitting up slowly.

Joey: I miss you danny.

I went to the bathroom and i took a quick shower just to wake up. I got dressed in a pair of jeans and a plain black shirt. I saw the time and i know shane isn't up but i really want him to go with me. I pulled out my phone and patiently waited as it rang.

After about three rings a groggy voice came through.

Shane: Hello?

Joey: Hey shane it's joey.

Shane: Yea no shit, what do you want?

Joey: Well sorry for bothering you, i guess i'll just ask somebody else and i'll let you sleep.

Shane's pov

I realized that i sounded like a major asshole so i quickly apologized

Shane: Joey i'm sorry, i'm just not the happiest when i wake up.

Joey: It's ok now....could i ask you something?

Shane: You can ask me anything joey.

Joey: Will you um....come with me to....my chemo...treatment?

Shane: Aww joey you don't have to be nervous to ask me. Of course i'll go with you.

Joey: Thank you so much shane i'll come over to your house later.

Shane: No no i'll come over soon. When is your treatment?

Joey: It's at nine and right now it's....seven fourty five. Can you be here by eight thirty?

Shane: Yes i'll be there soon bye joey.

Joey: Bye shane.

I hung up and i trudged to my closet grabbing some random clothes quickly getting ready. I styled my hair and i grabbed my keys. That only took me twenty minutes...not bad.

Thankfully traffic wasn't that bad so i could get there quickly.

Joey's pov

I had just finished my delicious cinnamon oatmeal and the doorbell rang. I shuffled to the door and pulled it open. Shane pulled me into a hug and i smiled still feeling tired.

Shane: You ready to go?

Joey: Mhm let's get this over with.

He smiled and we walked out to the car. I gave him directions to the clinic and we just joked and laughed the way there. We parked and he helped me in. I went back to my usual room and my first doctor walked in smiling.

Doctor: Ok joey you ready for your third treatment?

Joey: Yea.

He wiped down my arm and slowly the needle pricked through my flesh. I felt the fluid start flowing into me and i clenched my eyes shut. My body burned harshly and i let out a soft cry. Now the feeling of cold was mixing in and i'm not sure what's happening.

Shane: Are you alright?

Joey: It j-just h-hurts.

Shane: It's alright.

He slowly stroked my hair and i bawled up my fist over and over. My brain felt like it was spinning with confusing and pain. I guess that doctor lied to me when he said chemo dosen't hurt.

Shane: Shh it's alright just calm down.

He stroked my face and i just tried to focus on his hand movements instead of the searing pain. After an agonizing fifteen minutes he pulled the needle from my arm. I breathed deeply with relief and i sat up. I wiped my eyes and the doctor went over my charts.

Doctor: Joey so far you've been responding well with the treatment but the drug can make you very tired. The drug is basically boosting your immune system and that will make you feel weak. So just take it easy from now alright?

Joey: Yea i can do that? When should all my hair....fall out?

Doctor: Pretty soon, it'll probably be all gone by about your sixth treatment.

Joey: Ok then, thank you for giving me the treatment today.

Doctor: No problem soooo same time next week?

Joey: Mhm.

I signed out and shane just drove me back to the house.

Shane: You did very well today joey.

Joey: Oh shut it bitch.

We laughed and i rested my head back onto the seat.

Joey: But thank you for comforting me.

Shane: Don't mention it now do you want me to stay at your house or do you want alone time?

Joey: Please just stay, it'll get really boring without someone there.

Shane: Ok that's fine i had nothing planned today.

Joey: Good, i think we're just gonna relax when we get back.

Shane: I'm fine with that.

Author's note

I'm sorry if this chapter is boring but i don't feel the best. I'll try and write better chapters when i'm feeling better. Anywhozies bye byeeeeeee <3