Luke grabbed my hips and held me on top of him. I began hitting his chest when he wouldn't let me go. He grabbed my fists as I continued to curse him out.
"No I had a plan. I had it all perfectly organised. I wanted to make it perfect for you but then when we were in the woods I saw an opportunity and I took it. I took it because it dawned on me, we're not perfect. Nothing is perfect but I wouldn't change a thing about what happened or us."

I stopped struggling.
I stopped fighting.
I listened.

"YOU'RE BACK"
"Jesus, could you not make it to the bedroom?"
Bonnie's high pitched squeal snapped us our of our intense staring game. The two statements contrasted greatly. Worry laced in Bonnie's words contrasting to the sexual message behind Zach's question.

"That does not change the fact you lied to me and called me a bitch." I chose to ignore them. A round of "what's?" Chorused, filling the night air.
"For god sake Alex I love you" Luke finally lost his cool and roared at me.
"I LOVE YOU TOO." I screamed back at him

"Is anyone else royally confused?" Aaron's inquisitive tone took president over the silence.

I stopped supporting myself and flopped onto Luke's chest. He wrapped me in a protective cocoon of his arms as I buried myself into his chest now very aware of the numbing, cold air.

"You're mine now princess." Luke's warm breath tickled my neck. Peering up at him i stated "you say that a lot".
I felt his broad shoulders rise and fall, mimicking a shrug.
"I liked it so I put a ring on it."
His voice a low murmur so only I could hear. I couldn't believe my ears. Unprompted and unprovoked the big bad wolf just quoted Beyoncé.

"Come on, come on. Get up you two. It's freezing out. You ran from the pool and you're wearing barely anything. Get inside and change. God forbid you'll catch hypothermia. You need to get warmed up. Now, now. Move it."

We all turned to Zach and raised an eyebrow. He's becoming such a nana. We need to get him laid.

Aaron leaned down and offered me a helping hand to stand. Grateful I took it. I was half way up when I heard a gasp. Bonnie shoved Aaron out of the way and grabbed my hand.
"Oh my god. Oh my god. Jesus christ. Oh my god. Oh my god. Holy fuck."
Suddenly she froze. She looked up and made eye contact with me then burst into a high pitch squeal "AAHHHHHHHHHHHH"
She attacked me in a hug. Over her shoulder I spotted Zach nudging Aaron. Once he gained his attention Zach mouthed "I think she's finally lost it" while doing the cookoo hand action. Aaron simply elbowed him into the ribs.

Luke had also found his way to his feet and pulled me out of the hug. It was more for my protection, she was squishing the life out of me.
"I'm feeling very left out" Zach is always the drama queen.
In a gruff voice Luke murmured "I decided to make an honest woman out of her" I put out my left hand and flashed my new bit of bling.
They both congratulated us and gave Luke a 'bro hug'.

Curling into Luke I spoke up.
"Ok divide and conquer. I am going to go put on clothes. Bonnie and Aaron I want you two to get food and drinks. Zach get the fireworks and Luke, I want you to start a fire. We're going to have a bonfire and watch the fireworks to celebrate the new year."
None of them spoke they just went their separate ways. Once again it was Luke and I left alone. Luke quickly placed a chaste kiss on my lips before sending me on my way but not without slapping my ass.

I ran to our bedroom and quickly slammed the door shut. Using it as support I leaned against the timber frame. My left hand extended, looking at the rock placed on my finger and how the light reflects off of it.

When Luke popped the question all uncertainty and nervousness just disappeared. I was unsure as how to approach the subject but now nothing seems more right. I slipped on my christmas onesie and slippers before rushing into the bathroom. I dug through the drawers and found the open pack of pads. It was the only hiding place I could think of. Luke would never dare look in here. I took it out of the pack and double checked it just to make sure my mind wasn't playing a vicious trick on me. I had found out just a few days ago.