31

*Gerard's P.O.V.*

After dinner, I took Frank upstairs with me. We both sat on the floor. I pulled my book bag close to me and got out my school work from earlier. I gave Frank a notebook and a pen.

"Alright, we're going to start with math. I'm not really good at it but I know what I'm doing."

He giggled.

I started to teach him the basics (addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication). He picked it up fairly well.

"Now," I pointed to a problem I had made up, "This is called an equation."

"Why does it have an 'x' there?" He asked.

"That's what I'm going to teach you next. When there's a letter in the equation, it's called a variable. You have to find 'x' and in order to do that, you have to move it to one side of the equal sign. Here, I'll show you." I sat behind him, I noticed his breathing pick up a bit. "Okay, so here we have 15+7x=25, and don't worry it's just something I came up with."

He nodded.

"Okay, first thing you need to do is subtract 15 and put it on the other side of the equal sign. So under the 15, write -15, cross it out because it cancels each other out, then under the 25, write -15." I wrote what I said to him as I explained it. "See?"

He looked at me the whole time. His eyes flickering between mine and my lips.

I tried to keep myself together.

He leaned in closer to me, barely touching my lips, like he was hesitant to. I moved forward, colliding our lips. He kissed back and even opened his mouth for me to explore it. I wrapped my arms around him as he put his hand on my cheek.

I pulled away to breath and stared at him. He looked up at me with those big, brown, innocent eyes of his.

He tried to lean back in but I stopped him. "Baby, I can't."

"Why?"

"You make me crazy. I won't be able to stop myself. And you're not ready for that."

"Will I ever be ready for it?"

I kissed his temple. "Someday.

"Now, going back to this, you're going to figure out what 25-15 equals."

"10."

"Yes!" I smiled. "Now you still have 7x on the other side here. See how the 'x' is next to the 7? That means it's being multiplied."

"So, would I have to divide it by 7?"

I smiled. "Yes! Now, you have 7x=10. Now we're going to divide the 7 on both sides." I gave the pen to him and he divided the 7.

"Good. Now, you're going to find 'x'."

He picked up my calculator and typed in '10/7'.

"I- I got a decimal..."

"That's okay. What did you get?"

"1.4."

"Yes!!" I hugged him and placed a kiss on his cheek.

"Boys, it's past midnight! Go to bed!" My mother yelled up the stairs at us.

Frank and I got dressed and laid in bed.

"What if I am ready for it?" Frank asked.

"You're not."

"But-"

"I promise you this, Frank. You're not ready. I don't want to hurt you."

"You can prepare me for it."

"Whoa- Frank-"

"Yeah! You could until I'm ready! And then-"

"Hey!" I grabbed his shoulders, "When you're ready-"

"When am I going to be ready? I just want to feel something. I like your lips on mine, but I- I want more..."

"We'll get there, baby. I promise."