5

I woke up, Frank laid next to me still asleep. I still can't believe I found him. Everyone thought he was dead and gone, but I had faith. And look what I found!

I got up off the floor, taking my cigarettes from my bag and walking outside with it.

The morning was a little chilly and damp but mostly cloudy. That's normal weather here though. Kind of depressing, really.

I heard something move behind me. I thought it was Frank until it rubbed on my leg. I looked down to see a little dog sit next to me, looking up at me with its tongue out.

"She likes you." I turned to see Frank standing where the front door should be.

I looked down at the dog again and pet her head. "I'm guessing this is Sweet Pea?"

He nodded, walking over to me. He looked toward the sky, closed his eyes, then took a deep breath. "It's beautiful."

"It's the same as any other morning."

He shook his head. "No. This one's different." He said.

I looked at the sky, seeing no difference in it from yesterday and the day before. I guess I wasn't really trying to see something different.

I went back inside the house and grabbed my bag, then walked back out.

Frank looked at me and frowned. "Where're you going?"

"I need to go back to my house. I need to change my clothes and-"

Frank looked down at his outfit.

"I'll bring a new outfit for you and some food too. Would you like that?"

"Yes please, Gerard. Thank you." He smiled.

"Okay- I'll be back tonight. I promise."

***

I got to my house and up to my room. I changed my clothes and made sure I packed clothes for Frank. They would be a little big on him but they were clothes.

I went downstairs with my bag and put it by the door.

"Mikey?" I called.

There was no answer.

"Guess he's still with Pete." I said to myself.

I looked at the clock. It was 8:45am. I had so much time. I wondered if Frank was lonely. It didn't feel right to leave him. But I was dirty and needed new clothes.

No. Frank was dirty and he needed new clothes.

I thought about it. What if I brought him here? He could wash and get dressed and eat.

He'd love it!