19

You know that feeling of caring for someone and the fact that they're allowing you to makes you the happiest person ever? Or how they make you calm when they're around? They make you better?

I feel this.

Frank was my life support as I was his to cling to. Frank really did hate leaving my side. I know when he's with me, he's okay, he's safe.

"I'm not letting you go."

He was asleep as my arms wrapped themselves around him. He fell asleep not too long ago. He was cuddled so close into my chest, I could practically feel his heart beat.

We were going to tell mom about him tomorrow.

I'm nervous.

Frank wants to tell her the same thing he told Mikey. But how can mom understand that he's the little abandoned boy the town talked about for years? She was friends with his mom.

I remembered the night she told me more about the now charred house.

--"So... About the house..." I said.

"Yes, about the house." She shifted in her seat. "I'm not sure where it came from but there was a couple who lived there. I don't know why they chose that house but they did. They had a son. Now, the couple had left when the boy was five. There had been rumors about the boy but no one knows for sure. They started looking for him but stopped years ago. It would be a miracle if that boy was still alive."--

I remember her face after she spoke about the couple. She was hiding something. I know she was.

***

I walked to the abandoned house.

Frank looked down at me from the window smiling.

"Come here, Gee." He said.

I walked into the house and upstairs and hugged Frank.

"You're so perfect, Frankie."

I pulled away and smelled something burning.

The house was on fire!

Everything was happening so fast. Charred wood fell around us, surrounding us.

"We have to get out of here!" I grabbed his hand and ran down the stairs.

He tripped down the last stair and fell onto his face. As soon as he was about to get up, pieces of the floor above him fell on top of him.

"Frank!" I screamed.

I tried to go in and safe him but burning wood fell in front of where the front door should be. All I could hear was his screams of terror and pain and there was nothing I could do. Because that's when the house collapsed and his screams were replaced by the sound of the fire destroying the house.

"Gerard? Gerard, wake up." I felt Frank shake me awake.

I jumped awake and looked at the small boy sitting on top of me. "Oh- Frank!" I pulled him in tightly. "You're alive!"

"Yeah, I'm alive..." Frank was a little confused. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"The house and the fire and-"

"Gerard, you saved me from it. Don't you remember?"

I thought about my dream then what really happened the night before. I moved a few loose pieces of his hair behind his ear and lightly smiled at the horrific memory.

"I'm okay, Gerard."

I nodded and pulled him in for a hug. "I don't ever wanna lose you."

He hugged me back, resting his head on my shoulder. After a bit, we pulled away.

"Are you sure you want to tell my mom?"

He nodded. "Living in secret was fun for a bit but now I have no where to go and-" He took a deep breath.

"You can stay here without her knowing."

"I just fear she'll find me."

"If this is what you want then we'll do it." I smiled at him.

He nodded and hugged me. "Thank you, Gee- uh- Gerard."

I giggled. "'Gee' is fine."

___________________________________
Hilow!!!!

Just a little fluff-ish chapter. Nothing major. Next chapter should be a little more interesting.

-LOOK ALIVE, SUNSHINE!