29

*Frank's P.O.V.*

I don't know how long I cried for, but eventually I stopped. Well, only because someone was at the door.

"Frank, It's Ray."

I opened the door and quickly turned away.

Ray came in and shut the door behind him. "How are you?"

"I'm fine."

"Hey, what's wrong?" Ray came over to me and put his arm around me.

"G-Gerard and I. All I wanted him to do was say "I love you" back to me, but he didn't!" I cried. "He didn't hug me, he didn't kiss me! He just left!"

"Wh- um- What's up with you and Gerard?"

Realization struck me. I wasn't supposed to say anything about us yet. "Now he's really going to hate me!" I cried harder.

"Frank, you need to calm down."

"I c-can't!"

"Take a deep breath."

I took multiple deep breaths. It helped a little.

Ray took me over to the couch, "Now what's up with you and Gee?"

"I can't tell anyone.."

"I promise if you tell me now, I won't speak about it to anyone. I promise, Frank. I just want to talk to you."

I took another deep breath. "Well, Gerard and I are in a relationship now. And everything was going so well... But I ruined everything. But all I wanted was for him to say those three stupid words."

"Sometimes people just don't know how to react. Gerard probably wasn't mad at you."

"But he was! I ran after him when he left the house! I yelled first!"

"He doesn't seem like he could ever be mad at you, is what I'm saying, Frank. Gerard hates being away from you, anyone can see that. Just wait until he gets home. You'll see, everything will be okay and you'll be right next to him, exactly where he wants you."

"Thank you." I hugged him.

"Anytime. I have to go to work but I'll be back later."

"Okay."

Ray left.

I took a deep breath. I knew Gerard could never hate me. I just don't know what happened.

I walked back up to him room, Sweet Pea followed me up.

"You don't think he's really mad at me, do you?" I asked her. "He says he loves me all the time."

"He loves me! I know he loves me!" I thought.

***

Around noon or so, I took Sweet Pea for a walk on our normal trail near my old house. We always took walks on that trail and I never had to teach her how to use a leash because she always walks next to me, a few feet ahead of me, or behind me.

The air was cold brushing past my face and I was happy I put on a hoodie before I left.

We made it to the river and stopped. I looked down at the water like I always do. The water was calm.

When I get upset or angry, I come here. It's nice and quiet and sometimes it takes away the pain, the emotions, the stress, the loneliness, and now the heartache.

"I don't need him in my life. I really don't. I've gone 11 years without anyone." But there was something about Gerard that made me keep holding onto him. "He swore at me. He yelled at me. Why was he so irritated with me this morning? What did I do? Was it my actions last night? Was it the fact I didn't do what he asked?"

It that was the case, I had to tell him I'm not his little doll. He can't make me do anything.

"I didn't mean to upset him..."