3

I woke up, the sun beaming right into my eyes. I yawned and stretched before I got out of bed. And walked downstairs. Saturday's were always nice. I got myself a cup of coffee and sat at the table.

"Today was the day." I thought. "I'm really going to do this."

Mikey woke up and came down for some coffee too. "Morning, Gee." He yawned.

"Morning, Mikey."

"I'm gonna get ready at Pete's house with him, so you're going to be alone today."

"Okay." Mom is usually never home. She only gets a few days off in the year. She works in an office building. The only way you can get off of work for a long period of time is if your pregnant, have broken a bone, or you're dying.

Pete came by to pick Mikey up.

"Take care of him, Pete! He's the only brother I got!"

"I will!" He laughed.

I was alone in the house now. I guess I could go to the abandoned house anytime now, right? I think I'll wait until it gets a little darker. Just until the sun starts setting.

***

It felt like forever but finally the sun was slowly going down.

I grabbed my bag and put a few snacks in it. I was ready.

I started walking to the abandoned house and when I got there, it was like the sounds of the city had turned off. It was quiet.

I walked to where the front door would be- only there wasn't a front door. I walked inside looking around. There was hardly anything left in the house. Just walls, a ceiling, and a roof. That's it.

"Hello?" I called to see if there was anyone here.

I waited there for a bit. "Is anyone here?"

Nothing.

I put my stuff on the floor and rested my head on it. I closed my eyes for a bit when I heard something move. I sat up fast, looking around.

"H- Hello? Is someone there?"

I saw a figure standing in the dark corner.

"Don't be afraid. I don't wanna hurt you."

It slowly stared walking toward me.

A boy.

Could it be the boy?

"Hi." I said.

He looked very cautious at me. Like I was going to hurt him.

"Who are you?" He asked.

"I'm Gerard Way."

"Why are you here? No ones been here for years but me."

"That's the thing- I can see this place from my window. I was so interested in knowing about it. A- About you."

"Me?"

"Aren't you the abandoned boy?"

His face was shocked.

"What's you're name?"

"Why are you so interested?"

"I heard people came looking for you but they gave up a few years ago. So I wanted to know if you were still here... I don't wanna hurt you. I just wanna talk to you."

He was speechless. "How do you know so much about me?"

"My mom knew yours."

"Does she know where my mom is?"

"No, I'm sorry."

He started to back up. "You- You shouldn't be here. You need to leave." He walked upstairs.

I followed him. "No, please? All I want is to know you."

He stared at me.

"Okay?"

"O-Okay..."

I sat down on the floor, so did he.

"What is your name?"

"Fr-Frank Iero..."

"How old are you?"

"16."

"Really?"

"I just turned. Halloween is my birthday..."

"Nice. How old were you when your parents left?"

He closed his eyes tightly.

"Please, Frank. You're doing so well."

"It hurts to remember..."

"Shhhh, it's okay."

"Five. I was five." He took a deep breath.

"Okay." I smiled.

I found him. The abandoned boy. I can't believe I found him!

"Have you ever had a friend, Frank?"

"You mean, a human friend?"

I nodded.

He shook his head. "But there's a dog that runs through here. I named her Sweet Pea. She comes every now and then- throughout the day."

Just then, Frank's stomach rumbled. He put his hand over it.

"When was the last time you ate?" I asked.

"Two days ago..."

I got up and went downstairs grabbing my bag. I went back up to Frank and opened it, getting some food out.

"I packed a sandwich. Here- you need it." I handed it to him.

"Thank you."

He unwrapped the sandwich and began to eat it. The poor boy was hungry. I felt bad for him.

"D-Does this mean you're my friend?" He asked.

I thought about it for a moment. "Yeah... I guess it does." I smiled and he smiled back.

Thank you, Gerard."