19

I woke up in Artem's arms once again and felt like the luckiest woman alive. My 25th birthday is here and I can finally celebrate it with the love of my life.

I stared at him careful not to wake him up and to my surprise he rolled over to see that I was awake.

His sleepy eyes make my heart flutter.

"Happy Birthday, beautiful." He kissed my cheek, his breath bouncing off of my face like a sweet breeze. He pulled me closer to him.

"You remembered?" I asked, not trying to sound shocked but I was letting more of my own insecurities out.

"Of course I remember." He said looking at me worried. "I know everything about you. Your favorite food is Mexican, your favorite color is gold, your favorite movie is Titanic.."

I kissed him. He is perfect.

"We just never talked about it.." I said to him.

"I know. That surprised me too. I was wondering if you forgot about your own birthday and decided I would play along. I probably shouldn't have. You probably thought I was a bad boyfriend all week."

"Never." I said "I never thought that. I just don't particularly like getting older. I want to stay young."

"You are young." He said tightening his grip around me. "So I was thinking, we could start the day with a romantic breakfast, I will cook, and then we can go for a ride on my Harley."

"You know I don't like motorcycles, please don't make me." I said giving him a puppy dog look.

"It's your birthday." He laughed "I won't make you do anything you don't wanna do."

"I wanna do this." I said rolling over on top of him. I kissed him passionately and the world around me stopped for a few seconds. He smirked and knew what it was that I wanted. He flipped me over and got on top of me. "I've wanted this for so long too." He admitted.

We spent the rest of the morning in his bed, until our appetites were absolutely making us go crazy.

"I will make us something yummy." He said kissing my cheek, "what do you want."

"Hmm." I said. I wanted to indulge on sweets for my birthday. "How about chocolate chip pancakes and strawberries and whipped cream."

He looked in the fridge and laughed.

"You cut the strawberries, I will make the pancakes."

We worked as a team to get my birthday breakfast made and after we ate we got dressed.

Without the courtesy of a knock on the door, in ran Maks and Peta.

"Happy Birthday!" Peta screeched carrying a big present.

"Did you guys ever hear of knocking?" Artem asked them.

"Did you ever hear of locking the door?" Maks asked him while his arms were around me and he kissed my forehead. "Besides, I don't have to knock when it's my best friends birthday." He said.

Artem laughed.

"What's in the box!" I said super excited. Artem came around to where I was sitting at the kitchen counter and put his arms around me.

"It's from Maks and I." She said "Open it up."

I ripped the wrapping paper off so fast that I got a paper cut.

"Ouch!" I yelled and the struggled with the box.

"Who wrapped this thing?" Artem asked "Did you guys forget that Emma is delicate?"

We all laughed and Artem helped me.

Inside the box was a photo album of pictures from the past year and a gift card to my favorite Mexican restaurant back home. Most of the pictures were from our recent dance tour and the last photo in the book was of Artem and I dancing the waltz last week.

"Thank you guys!" I hugged them each again.

They hung out for a little while and then had to get to rehearsal. I was expecting a fun night out tonight with all of my friends but I guess it will have to just be Artem and I, which I shouldn't complain about.