9

After driving for 15 minutes and wasting Artem's gas, I decided I should return to the studio. I walked in and went straight for our practice room but didn't find him there.

I decided to call him.

"You done running?" He answered.

"I am a wreck but I we definitely need to talk. Where did you go?"

"Well my partner left me.."

"Hmm, sounds familiar." I said, referring to him leaving me two years ago.

He walked back in the room and we both put our phones away.

I stood still as he walked over to me.

He stopped when we were about three feet away from each other and then to my surprise both he and I couldn't help ourselves; I jumped into his arms and he embraced me tighter than ever. I couldn't stop crying and he kept wiping my tears.

He was smiling at me.

"Why did you call it quits?" I asked him.

"I told her that I needed time to focus on me and you." He said "I hope you haven't given up on me yet. This has been a crazy week, and it's not over yet."

"This week has felt like an eternity and it sums up our entire ten years together." I finally broke a laugh through my tears.  "When we were young we fell into the greatest friendship, and when we both became adults who worked so hard to be where we were, you waited until I was taken to let me know you had feelings for me."

"Maks and Peta will think we're crazy for changing our minds so much." He said.

'Maks' I thought.

He is setting me up on a blind date on Monday; but I don't want to be that girl who cried wolf by calling him to tell him that Artem and I have hope.

I knew I had to go with Maks to New York, I still wanted to.

"If it's okay," I said "I still believe that I need to go to New York with Maks, I need to free my mind and be where home is for the day, and he will protect me."

Artem nodded. He is so understanding.

"I'm sorry if I made a big deal about it in the first place i just was over reacting, I know that you need this."

"Thank you." I squeezed him tighter in our embrace and then he couldn't help himself, he kissed me.

In that moment memories flooded my head, and tears flowed out of my eyes. I have never loved someone so much.

He picked me up and swung me around.

We practiced the rest of the afternoon and night harder and more in sync than ever.

I have high hopes for tomorrow's dress rehearsal and Sunday's show. Tomorrow we will be with all the other pro dancers and since Artem and I are taking things slow after all that has happened this week, we have to just act like best friends and nothing more.