8

The next morning I was up at the crack of dawn eating egg whites and toast, thinking about our dance. It has been two days since we practiced and we have a lot of work to get done today.

Artem and I drove together to the studio and danced all day. We danced without our music and with it and without it again, practicing and practicing until our legs felt like jello. With each hold and dip and each time we locked eyes, I felt like I was the only girl in the world. The only girl in his world.

Now more than ever I decided to take Maks up on his offer and let him set me up with someone.

I wasn't sure if I was going back home or not this week, I still haven't talked to Artem about it. I decided to ask Maks first.

During our afternoon break I texted him.

>>I will let you set me up with someone but he has to be from New York.<<

5 minutes later my phone rang and it was Maks.

"Hello?" I said as Artem walked back in the room. I walked over to the far corner.

"I know just the guy, I'll set it up for Monday night, we don't have rehearsals, I'll go with you."

"Would you really come with? That's a lot of flying in such a short time."

"It will be good, I'm going to set everything up, just you wait."

I noticed Artem by the other side of the room trying to eavesdrop.

Why not make him jealous without him thinking I was trying to.

"Thank you so much, I seriously adore you Maks, thanks for always being there for me, I can't wait to be back home for the day."

"I'm glad." He said "now, call Peta tonight she misses you."

I hung up with him and Artem stood up.

"You're going to New York?"

"Yeah, Maks wants to cheer me up and get me back in my groove. Out of my funk."

"Won't that mess up what we have here."

"It will be after Sunday's show, Monday is our break day."

"You already had your break day." He said shaking his head. "You need to be focused on dancing, not traveling the globe."

"I can't stand you sometimes." I said "you encourage me to live and then you stop me from seeking my happiness."

"I am happy here with you." He said sternly.

"Kara might not like that."

"She doesn't have a choice. Besides, she broke up with me last night."

I looked at him, hope gleaming in my eye and then I started to cry, why does Artem do this to me. I don't even know the reason they had split but I knew it was because of me and I didn't want to do that. I didn't want to break them up.

I did what I always do. I left. I took Artem's keys and got in his car and I drove off.

I hate him for making me so emotional, we were together all day and that was be moment he decided to share his news? I don't want to be his second choice, but I do love him. This is too much for one girl to handle right now. All I am wondering and running from is the question of what will happen next? I'm not sure that we can move on with all this back and forth of wanting to be together and not wanting to be together.