6

Artem and I went out for lunch around 2 since I kinda slept past breakfast and then our chat with Kara took a while.
After meeting her, I left the room to give them some privacy for a bit.

Halfway through our meal my phone rang and after seeing that it was Maks, I excused myself and walked outside to talk to him.

"Hey Maks." I greeted him.

"Emma, babe, how are you."

"I'm doing ok. I want to apologize for the way I acted last night. You were having a fun time, and then I showed up with my problems."

"Don't apologize. I understand what happened, and how you felt. This is kinda feeling like a love octagon."

"How are you and Peta doing on your dance?"

"We're fine. Just peachy. We were both worried about you all day though. And everyone here at the studio missed the sunshine that you bring to us everyday."

"I will be back tomorrow. Artem and I will be working harder than ever. I met his girlfriend."

"You did?" He asked

"Through FaceTime." I said "but she is genuinely nice, I can't be stuck on him after knowing that they are perfect for each other."

"I'm sorry to hear that." He said "wow, like I said last night.. Love is so strange."

"Yeah Artem left me as a friend because I was with you, and then you left me because I was in love with him and then I wanted him after all this time and he is happy. I can't believe I tried to jeopardize that. I am getting over the feelings, I just don't want him getting hurt and running back to me. I'm not playing a game of cat and mouse"

"Well, he seems happy." He said. "Maybe it's time that you date outside of the men you've already dated. No more Artem, no more Chmerkovskiy's although we are fantastic dance partners. Go out there and meet the man of your dreams."

I still feel that I already have met him both in Maks and in Artem so I don't think finding another like them is even quite possible. But I thanked him anyway.

"Thanks for the advice Maks." I said "and tell Peta I said thanks for all her help, and that I love her."

"No problem, goodbye Emma."

"Bye Maks."

After hanging up I took a few deep breaths and went inside to talk to Artem the same way I was able to talk to Maks, like a bestfriend.

"Everything alright?" He asked.

"Yeah it was Maks." I said "he was checking to make sure we haven't killed each other." I joked.

"Are you ready to get back into the studio tomorrow? We have our steps down, we just have to do run throughs, choose costumes and all that tomorrow. Then dress rehearsal on Saturday and Sunday is the first show."

"Yeah." I said "I feel bad that you were able to cancel our practice."

"Nah it was fine. Everyone knew you deserved a break."

I got a text from Max.

>>Peta going to a fashion show tonight. Meet me at Club Oxygen, me and you hanging out like old times.<<

A proper night out is definitely what I needed after last nights mishap. The fact that it will be just Maks and I makes me really excited. Out of all my close friends, even peta, he understands me the most because we used to be a thing for a long time.

"Who you smiling at?" Artem laughed.

"Oh it's nothing." I said "but I'm going out tonight."