12

The next day was crazier than I had imagined. All of us dancers were in the ballroom studio all day long rehearsing and getting ready for the show.

Not only was I getting ready to wow the crowd and the judges, I was also making sure I have everything ready to go because the minute the recording light goes off and the show comes to a close, Maks and I are out the door.

I sat in hair and makeup getting ready with a few of the other girls. It was all small talk and then Peta came and sat in the chair next to me.

"So why is it that Maks and you are going to New York."

"What do you mean by why?" I asked her. Why didn't Maks tell her what it was for.

Then I remembered that I still have to break the news to Maks that I am not going on a blind date, I can't.

"I mean, Maks just said that you wanted to be back home, I was wondering what you planned to do when you get there."

"I plan on going to the studio, hugging Tony tight and sleeping in the sheets on the bed in my apartment, I want to feel at home, I want to be inspired for next week."

"I asked Maks if I could come too, home with you guys, and he said I wouldn't want to."

"I think he feels bad for me." I said making something up so she doesn't get jealous or upset.

"He feels bad that I feel so lonely. I'm sorry that he is such a nice guy. I'm sure that's what you love so much about him." I said "I could have taken Artem with me but the point of the trip was to get my mind clear of him for the day."

"Are things better between you guys."

"Yeah, he actually hit a rough patch with Kara, because of being here and I'm giving him some space for a while, to see what happens. I don't want to be a rebound, just his friend for now." I lied. I definitely wanted to be with him and just about am.

Maks came running through the makeup room and kissed Peta.

"We're the second to go." He said "you ready?" He was getting all of his energy out by jumping around.

"Hey Emma." He said

"Hey Maks." I smiled

I love them both but I can't stand their Public displays of affection. In front of me of all people.

"I'm going to go find Artem so we can be ready together."

I left the room with my hair and makeup all done.

I looked everywhere and no one said they had seen him.

The show was about to start and I honestly did not even know where Artem was. He is nowhere to be found.

I got extremely nervous, so I went to my purse and grabbed my phone. I dialed his number and he didn't answer. I finally looked in the last place I ever thought I would look, the custodian closet just to make sure I have looked everywhere.

To my surprise there he was. Artem had his hands and not to mention his lips all over another woman. The woman noticed that the door had opened and she nudged Artem. I recognized the woman as Kara. So things aren't over between them and she flew all the way here from England. I felt sick. I closed the door, pretending that I didn't see what I just saw and I ran past everyone crying my eyes out.

"Emma." Maks said running and yelling after me. I could see a look of annoyance on Peta's face as he followed.

Maybe it is true, I always run from everything in my life.