Chapter 15 - England

Jace POV

"So you're saying that she won't remember a single thing that just happened?" I asked with wide eyes.

"Yup, she'll think that the training went perfectly normal and she fell asleep because of exhaustion," Eric replied, a worried look upon his face.

"Ok," I said, trying to reassure myself that I was doing the right thing.

A slight groan grabbed our attention and we looked over at my mate lying on the couch. I hurried to her side and tried my best to plaster a blank expression on my face. Caroline's eyes fluttered open and her hazel eyes met my blue ones.

"My body feels like it was hit by a bus. That was some intense training Eric. Go easy on me will you?" she said, rubbing her eyes to get rid of the sleepiness.

"You were out like a light as soon as you hit the pillow," Eric said with a smile on his face that did not quite reach his eyes.

"I'm going to take a shower. Bye Eric," she said tiredly and trudged upstairs.

Eric and I exchanged glances filled with relief. Eric made his way to the door without a word and left with slumped shoulders. I sighed in irritation and glanced at the ceiling, muttering incoherent curses under my breath. I climbed up the stairs and plopped down on the bed and stared at the ceiling. I was so lost in thought that I didn't hear the bathroom door open until I saw movement at the corner of my eye.

My head shot up as I saw Caroline standing there with just a towel wrapped around her body. Her cheeks turned pink when she saw my expression. I growled lowly but she just shook her head and chuckled lightly.

"No," she stated firmly with amusement in her eyes.

I pouted at her response in disappointment as she rummaged through the wardrobe to find suitable clothes. After changing into her clothes, she walked over to the bed and lay down beside me. She moved closer to me and put her head on my shoulder while I leaned slightly into her. It was barely 5 minutes when I heard Josh in my head.

"Alpha! Rogues!" he yelled in my head and I shot up from the bed.

"Jace? What happened?" Caroline asked with concern in her voice.

"Rogues," I just said and we both ran downstairs and to the packhouse. The backyard was filled with wolves fighting against each other. All the children and women were being ushered into the packhouse.

"Take them to the basement and keep them safe," I yelled at one of the warriors and he nodded slightly before running inside as well.

Caroline and I exchanged knowing glances and we ran towards the fight. I shifted into my black wolf and saw Caroline running beside me while still in human form. Her hands had water surrounding them as she shot a ball at one of the rogues and knocked him out while strangling him. Leaving him alone, she raised her hand towards another and roots broke the surface and wrapped around the rogue's body. I ran to a rogue and ripped his throat out before doing the same to another. So far, I hadn't seen any fallen pack member but many dead or unconscious rogues lying on the ground. The fight continued and soon, the rogues started to lessen and we all charged towards the remaining rogues.

Suddenly, the rogues stopped and walked back to the edge of the woods. I shifted back into my human form and slipped on some shorts that a warrior threw to me. Everyone stopped behind me as Caroline and Josh stood on each side of me. I waited for something to happen as the rogues stood in a straight line.

A figure stepped out of the woods and we waited for a face to see. Josh, Caroline, the pack members and I gasped in surprise.

Cassandra's smirking face looked at us from beside the rogues. Caroline growled beside me and Josh snarled under his breath.