Chapter 2 - It's time for a change

Even though my wolf was mourning over Jace’s rejection, I was savouring my moment of victory. Over my shoulder, I saw him stiff and rigid, fuming with clenched fists by his side. I stifled another giggle, one that was threatening to come out of my mouth with more to follow. Ending my victory moment, I rushed back to the pack house. The party had already turned into an ‘average teenage party.’ All the adults had left and the teens had taken over. Drunk people passed out on the floor, red solo cups littering the whole area and couples making out in the hallways. Scoffing and rolling my eyes in disgust, I headed up to the attic, aka, my bedroom.

Grabbing a duffel bag, I stuffed all my training clothes in them, before changing out of my dress into comfortable shorts and a sports bra which I covered with an over-sized shirt… covered for ‘now.’ Then, I reached under my bed and pulled out a medium-sized, wooded box. A small grin found my lips as I opened it and took out five of the many objects placed in it. A knife, a crossbow, two star-shaped shurikens and 9 mil. pistol. The noise from downstairs was deafening, so I scurried down there to have one last look. The first noticeable thing that caught my eyes was the sight of my mate and Cassandra having an intense make out session. I have to say that the picture in front of me hurt, it pained my heart but my wolf was breaking, inside and out. I gathered up the last bit of courage and strength and looked away, fleeing back to the attic.

Lifting the duffel bag onto my shoulder, which was now filled with training clothes and weapons, I peeked out of the small window. The party was filled with ¾ of the pack, making the outside seem deserted. Swinging one leg over the windowsill, I lowered myself all the way to the point where I was hanging with only my hands. I dropped onto the balcony below me and looked inside whoever’s room it was. My face scrunched up in disgust when I saw a couple doing the ‘dirty.’ I turned away and grabbed the vine hanging of the wall next to the balcony. I slowly climbed down it before jumping down and landing on the soft ground. I took another look around to see if the coast was clear before breaking out into a run. Soon, I was sprinting through the forest, skilfully dodging trees, jumping over weeds and ducking under low branches. My face lit up when I came to familiar surroundings, my secret place.

When my father was alive, we were a happy family, I lived perfectly, I had amazing friends and no one bullied me. Before he was killed in a rogue attack six years ago, my father showed this clearing before turning it into a training area. The memory came back to me, the day that my father died and the day that he told me something unusual.

~ Flashback ~

“Daddy, where are you taking me?” eleven year old asked while staring at the beauty in front of me in awe.

Clutching my father’s hand tightly, I started to fidget excitedly, my brown locks bouncing up and down.

Chuckling, my father said, “I’m going to show you a place, where you must promise that you will treasure it for the rest of your life. No matter what happens, this will be your sanctuary. Carol, there is something special about you, sweetheart, you have been blessed by the Moon Goddess to be her daughter. There is a prophecy;

The Great War is to arrive

Blessed to be the Chosen

 Where the White Wolf will thrive

She will have the power of the ocean

She will prove her worth

The world rests on her shoulder

To finally save all

“Now, there will be a lot of dangers in the future and you must be prepared for it. Where we are going will be where you train and help you survive.”