Chapter 3 - My 18th birthday

She came straight at me, aiming for my neck. Her attack registered in my brain with over 5 ways to counter it. Instead, I decided to leave my offense until the end and focused on my defence. With careful eyes, I followed her movement and sidestepped when her jaw made its way to the side of my head. Putting extra strength on my right foot, I placed my left foot to the side and raised my arm. It all seemed to be in slow motion, her confused wolf face turned to my side, my eyes trained to the front with a smirk plastered on my face. With my arm bent at a 90 degree angle, my elbow smashed the back of her neck, sending her to the ground, face first. Done with that, I took a few steps forward only to see from the corner of my eye, Cassandra shakily getting onto her feet. I kept walking, waiting for her to make a move. As soon as I could sense that she ran at me with a snarl, I spun on my heel and sent my fist flying into her snout. Her wolf body flew through the air, smashing into a tree and her limp body fell down to the ground.

The sun was already rising above the trees, but I was still fresh and ready to go. Straightening myself and brushing off the dirt from my pants, I turned back to the crowd after seeing a few pack members carrying Cassandra out of the area.

“Who’s next?” I said, raising my voice so it could reach the entire crowd.

And that was how the next few hours went, pack members attempting to fight me and me beating their asses in the end. By the time I was halfway through, more pack members arrived to witness the battle, children and adults alike. When it came to the end, I could see the Alpha and Luna making their way to the front of the crowd. They were just in time to see the grand finale. It was time for me to fight Jace.

My mate stepped forward and looked straight into my eyes. A flash of worry and regret flashed through his eyes but it was gone as soon as it came. I readied myself, this was going to be tougher than the other pack members. He was an Alpha, with his blood, he was much stronger than the rest of the pack.

“You don’t have to do this, it will only end badly for you. Just walk away,”Jace said, his face cold and emotionless, but I could see the pain in his eyes.

“Will I earn any respect from you if I walk away?” I countered. I could practically see the gears turning in his head. He had to choose between him mate or his Alpha pride and dignity. Being the asshole he is, he replied with a “No.”

“Alright then, come at me, Alpha,” I said, emphasising on Alpha, placing my body in a fighting style, ready for the fight to start.

Jace shifted into his massive, midnight black wolf and I knew that I couldn’t fight him in human style. I made the match even, I shifted into my wolf. The crowd gasped in surprise and shock. See the thing is, I’m a white wolf and I am a pretty special wolf I do say so myself. Of course, some of the pack looked scared and terrified, I mean they did abuse and bully the Moon Godesses’s daughter.

After my father passed away, I remembered his words and began to wonder why he told it to me. I hadn’t shifted yet, so I never knew that I was a white wolf. I spent nights researching on the white wolf and the Moon Goddess. In the books I read, it said;

Centuries ago, the Moon Goddess created the first werewolves, they were said to be the most powerful beings of all time. Altogether there were seven wolves, all of them pure white. They ruled the Earth, but never strayed into the darkness. Years passed and the werewolves had aged, soon it would be time for them to leave and join the Moon Goddess. The Moon Goddess was their mother, she was the one who created them and cared for them before returning back to her world, looking over them from above. After joining their mother, evil raised from the depths of darkness. With the wolves gone, pure darkness invaded the world and soon the Earth was in chaos. Worried about the well-being of the world, the Moon Goddess sent them a gift. A white wolf, however this wolf was a mix of all the first seven wolves. This was the 8th and most special white wolf. Her immense power saved all, however she lost her life after saving the world in a battle with the source of evil himself. In time, the Moon Goddess had promised that she will return back to Earth to save them again. Even though, the first seven wolves were considered to be the Moon Godesses’s children, the wolf that saved all was her first and only daughter.