Chapter 12 - Another boy

Caroline POV

I blinked. I blinked again. Three words, eight letters. That sentence bounced around my head as I slowly tried to process it. I stared into Jace's eyes as he stared at me anxiously and with fear swimming in his eyes.

"He said he loves you woman! React! Say it back!" my wolf screamed in my head.

"But...I don't know," I replied in a small voice.

"Oh please! You know that you do, come on! Just say how you feel!" she screamed yet again.

"But, it's been only a year!" I screamed back at her.

"Time doesn't matter, you know you love him," she still argued.

"I-I..." I couldn't finish the sentence so I went back to looking at Jace.

He was still looking at me, his eyes flickering with fear. I opened my mouth then closed it again, almost mimicking a goldfish. Before I could say anything, Jace gave me a small yet sad smile.

"I'll wait," he said, cupping my face in his hands and kissing my forehead.

Then I realised how much he actually cared. After a whole year, he never left my side when I was in the hospital. He helped me with training. He became a different person for me and I couldn't be any luckier. He truly meant it, he really did love me.

Before he moved, I held his face in my hands and looked him straight in the eye. I leaned closer and brushed my lips against his. Pulling away, I said four words.

"I love you too," I replied with a smile.

Jace reacted the same way I did, blinking in shock. I waited for some reaction until Jace pulled me forward and crashed his lips onto mine.

I closed my eyes and moved my lips with his. Sparks flew as the kiss became more passionate and rough. He bit my bottom lip, wanting entrance but I denied, smirking against his lips. A growl sounded from his throat as his hands moved down to my waist and he slipped his hands under my shirt. I gasped at the sudden feeling and Jace took that as an advantage as he slipped his tongue into my mouth. Our tongues wrestled for dominance and in the end, Jace won, caressing my tongue with his. I let out a moan as my arms went around his neck and clutched his hair, pulling it tightly. Jace let out a satisfied growl as he stood up with my arms around his neck and my legs wrapped around my waist. I ignored everything that was happening until my body fell onto a soft surface. Jace pulled away, breaking the kiss and I opened my eyes, panting hard as I looked at Jace's lust filled eyes. His eyes were darkening signalling his wolf was swimming in the surface. He hovered over me, his hands on each side of my head.

"I thought you were tired," Jace said as he looked at me, his eyes never leaving my face.

"Not anymore," I replied back, still panting as his eyes flickered from my lips to my eyes.

"Tell me to stop before I lose control," he told me, leaning closer as his breath fanned my face.

"I don't want you to stop," I said.

"Are you sure?" he asked hesitantly

I didn't reply as I grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled his down, moulding my lips against his. I arched my back as our chests touched, closing any space between us. I moved my hands down his shirt to the bottom hem and tugged on it. Jace took the hint and pulled away to take his shirt off. He then moved his hands to my shirt and lifted it to show my bare stomach. I lifted my hands up and he pulled my shirt over my head and threw it across the room. He leaned closer and kissed me again. I ran my hands across his bare chest and moved down to his abs, tracing each one slowly as I enjoyed the feeling of our bodies together. Jace moved his lips away and traced down my neck slowly until he reached my mark. He sucked on it, making me release a moan as I pulled him closer to me. His hands moved down as he reached the straps of my bra and slowly pulled them down. His mouth travelled down my chest as he kissed and sucked between my breasts. I moaned his name and he growled lowly in response. His hands went around my back as he reached my bra and unclasped it. Jace removed it and threw it away as his hands moved to my breasts and cupped them in his rough hands. He caressed my hardened nipples and I moaned in response, digging my nails into his back. Jace's hands moved to my waist as he wrapped around them, his lips making its way to my right breast. I arched my back more and let out a loud moan as he sucked on my nipple, rocking my hips with his. My hands went down to his pants as I tried to unbutton it and pulling his pants down. Jace pulled away again and got rid of his pants leaving him completely naked. Jace's hands went to my pant button as I wriggled out of them and I lay under him with only my panties on. Jace bent down to kiss me again as his hands slipped under my underwear. He caressed me before finally removing them. Jace pulled away and looked at me with questioning eyes. I nodded in confirmation and his eyes filled with lust again.