Chapter 10 - My way back home

Jace POV

I was frustrated. Everything was going too fast. First, my mate turns out to be a white wolf. Then, the prophecy starts. Now, a vampire who happens to be my mate's best friend, appears in my territory. I looked down at Caroline, her nose scrunched up, her mind deep in thought. We sat in my office in silence, taking every detail in. Suddenly, Caroline shot up, standing beside me with her head down, her brown eyes trained to the ground. She walked to the door, opening it and holding the handle before turning back to me. It shocked me to see the sadness in her eyes and the many emotions flickering on her face. Sadness, anger, confusion and most of all, guilt...

"I'm going for a walk. Don't wait for me. See you later Dylan," she muttered, looking at the vampire for a split second before closing the door behind her.

There was a minute of awkward silence between me and Dylan, before I finally turned towards him, only to see his eyes on me, traced with a line of sadness. I mirrored his expression, mine filled with another emotion, confusion. Dylan noticed this before closing his eyes and taking a deep breath before looking to me with determination in his eyes.

"She doesn't know what I am going to tell you and you have to promise to keep it to yourself. Do you understand?" he questioned as I nodded my head in response.

"Few days after I met her, her mother, the Moon Goddess visited me in my dreams. Hold on, let me show you..." I looked at him in confusion when I saw him walk towards me.

"W-Wha-What..." I stuttered, noticing him moving his hand towards me face. The moment that his index and middle finger touched my forehead, I felt myself being sucked into another world.

It was beautiful. I stood in the middle of a field, the flowers swaying in the wind. Birds chirping up in the trees and the sun shining brightly in the blue sky. I stared in awe, taking in every detail. I was so mesmerized that I didn't notice the figure beside me.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" I heard Dylan's voice next to me.

I jumped, startled at his sudden appearance. My heart still beating rapidly, I narrowed my eyes at him in annoyance. I could see an amused smirk grow on his face but I ignored it for the sake of Caroline.

"Yeah, it is. Where are we?" I questioned, turning back to the amazing scenery.

"We are in my head. More specifically, in my dream where the Moon Goddess visited me," he replied calmly, his steady voice scaring my anxious mind.

"Well... what's supposed to be happening?" I asked hurriedly.

A chuckle escaped Dylan's lips as he finally looked over at me.

"Calm down. Wait, just a few more seconds," he replied and as if on cue, a surprised and much younger Dylan appeared in front of us.

The new Dylan, who somehow didn't change much when he became older, looked around with suspicious eyes before relaxing as he took in the view. He took a few steps forward before a bright light appeared right in front of him. I sucked in a deep breath as a figure appeared in the light. A woman stepped out from the light, her long, blonde hair cascading down her back and her brown eyes sparkling with amusement at the look on Dylan's face. Recognition flickered through his eyes and his jaw dropped with widened eyes before dropping his head to stare at the ground in respect. A soft chuckle from the Moon Goddess made Dylan's head snap back up.

"Please don't do that. I may not be a normal person but would you treat me like a normal one?" she asked calmly, a small smile playing on her lips.

"O-Ok," Dylan stuttered staring at her in awe.

Her calm face vanished and her smile dropped, sadness appeared in her eyes. Dylan stared at her in confusion as she sighed, closing her eyes for a moment.