CHAPTER 19 (Travis)

Travis

My coffee was brewing and I hadn't put anything on other than a pair of jeans, when a knock on my door disturbed my morning routine.

Annoyed, thinking it was Ethan here an hour early, I went and jerked open the door, ready to scowl at him. Instead it was Celeste.

She hasn't called or shown up since I had sent her home almost a month ago. I didn't step back and let her inside, because in the past, all our business had to do with sex, and I wasn't doing that anymore. Not when I was getting deeper with Blair everyday.

"I'm in love with you." She blurted out, as her eyes filled with tears.

Holy fuck, I did not need this today. Or any day. Celeste was never supposed to fall in love with me. We'd had sex. That was it. Never any cuddling or kissing, just fucking.
Dammit!

"Celeste, I'm sorry. But we went into that relationship knowing it was just a sex thing. I didn't know you had deeper feelings, or were developing them. I would have out a halt to it a long time ago."

She sniffed and her shoulders sagged in defeat.

"So you really feel nothing? At all?"

Shit, I felt a fucking orgasm as I got my release. And yeah, her body had been nice and had felt good, and I enjoyed it, but that was it. Nothing emotional. I shook my head, hating to hurt her.

"No. It was just sex for me. I thought that was all it was for you, too."

"Is there someone else?" She asked.

"Is that why you're stopping with me?" She added on.

I wasn't sure how to answer this. Blair wasn't business, but she was the reason; or one of, that this was ending.

"I've got feelings for someone else, yes." There I'd said it.

She covered her mouth on a sob.

"You got into a relationship with someone else while you were fucking me?!"

Shaking my head, I let out a frustrated groan. I just wanted some coffee. Not this.

"I'm not in a relationship... Yet." I told her.

"But it doesn't matter. I want to be. I'm waiting for her."

Celeste let out a hard laugh and wiped the tears streaming down her face.

"So the woman willing to give you everything isn't good enough, you want the one holding back. Is that it? God, I hate men! You're all assholes!" Celeste yelled the last bit.

She pointed at me.

"You will regret this. When you need me, you will regret this. All that hit sex we had was fantastic, and you know it. You will want my pussy and my ass again, and I won't give them to you. This is it Travis. You've had your last chance."

I didn't have a response for that. I watched her turn and stalk back to her truck and climb back inside. I closed the door and hoped she'd kept her word and that was indeed it. I couldn't do this anymore and be nice about it. I had hated hurting her, but she was pushing it.

My phone started ringing, and I looked longingly at the coffee pot. I really wanted that coffee. Frustrated, I reached for my phone. Why didn't anyone leave me alone? Dammit, I wanted a quiet morning.

Karleah's name lit up the screen.

"You okay?" I asked, anxious that something was wrong. She never called this early.

"I figured you'd be up already. Dave told me something before he left for work, that he heard yesterday that I thought was interesting news. I wanted to share it with you."

I was almost afraid to listen. She was up to something. I could hear it in her voice. Whatever information she had, she was enjoying it a little too much.

"Its seven in the morning, Karleah. I've just gotten up, and I need coffee," I grumbled as I went to pour myself a cup.

"Drink your coffee grumpy. I can tell you all the information I have while you drink it."

"Yeah," I agreed, only half listening to her. I was more focused on the hot liquid in the mug in front of me.

"Elijah,- you know, Jack Flemming's friend- has been giving Blair a ride to and from work all week."

This was her news? Rollin my eyes, I walked outside to enjoy my coffee.

"Already know that," I informed her.

"Oh, well, do you know that he asked her out yesterday for this weekend, and she said yes?"

My hand paused mid air, the mug poised before my lips. What the fuck?

"Blair is going on a date with Elijah?" I asked as I lowered my mug, still not sure that was what I had just heard.

Blair was nervous with men. Elijah was a player. I'd seen that dude in action. He was exactly the king of guy I knew Blair didn't like to be around. How the hell?

"Who told Dave this?" I asked, waiting for the punch line. This had to be a fucking joke.

"Elijah. He asked her when be took her to work yesterday morning, and she said yes. Dave said he looked like a little boy who'd been a given a shiny new toy. He wanted me to talk to Blair about Elijah. He's kind of a man-whore, you know, and Dave doesn't want him to hurt Blair. But I'd figured I'd call you. Since your friends with her, maybe you could call her and give her a heads-up."

She was so full of it. She knew this would piss me off. Karleah knew me too well. Like hell was Blair going out with Elijah. If she was wanted to date, then by God, she was gonna date me.

"Thanks. I need to go. I'll talk to you later."

"Ok, well, you will talk to her right?"

I almost laughed at her take concern. She knew good and well that I wasn't about to let that date happen.

"I'll talk to her," I said before hanging up the phone.

I slung back the coffee and let it burn down my throat. I had to make a call and get a flight and then call Ethan to get him to take over everything I was abandoning to make sure Elijah kept his playboy hands off what was mine.