Chapter 36

Chapter 36

A loud clicking sound made me open my eyes. It was so dark I could barely see anything. I blinked a few times and realized it was a gun at my head.

"Why are there always guns pointed at me?" I whispered.

"Keep your mouth shut. Now get up." The person ordered.

"Charles?" I whispered.

"Shut up." He said pushing the gun to my head. I took a shaky deep breath and slowly got up.

"Easy Charles...easy." I whispered. As soon as I stood up I took a swift kick to what I assumed was his groin.

"Haha bite me!" I yelled running towards the door. He groaned as I ran happily until I smacked into something hard and a glass breaking sound erupted through the room.

"Ow, that is not the door Storm." I whispered holding my head. I turned and fumbled for the door and pushed it open. I ran out blinking at the bright light and I ran to Blake's office. Ace turned the corner and I slammed into him and he sent me backwards a bit.

"That felt like a door." I muttered holding my throbbing head.

"Shit are you okay, doll face?" He asked holding my shoulders.

"No I am not okay! I woke up to a crazy mafia boss pointing a gun at my head!" I yelled. Brandon and Blake emerged and all three of them moved down the hallway together.

"That's badass." I whispered. They moved to the lounge and looked inside.

"Aw who broke the fucking TV?" Brandon asked angrily.

"Sorry." I mumbled walking in. I looked around and Charles was nowhere to be found.

"W-where did he go?" I asked looking around.

"Joey." Blake said into his phone.

"Get a lockdown on the whole building and get off your lazy ass and get looking for Charles." He ordered. Joey? He was the security guard that fell asleep on the job while Massimo took me.

"I got my boys scouting the building, looking for his car." Keith said. Ace walked over to me and pulled back my arm. I looked down to see the tiny shard of glass in my arm.

"Adrenaline again?" I asked laughing hesitantly. He smiled shaking his head and sighed.

"Come on." He said taking my hand in his. I loved it when he held my hand. He brought me into a small room that looked like a doctors office. I sat on the metal table as he opened the white cabinets.

"What is all this?" I asked.

"It's our medical room. In case we get any small cuts like those or anything."

"Yea sorry about the TV." I said sheepishly. I didn't meet his eyes but I could tell he was staring at me. He chuckled lightly and took off his suit jacket. He rolled up his sleeves as he took out a small pair of tweezers, alcohol to clean the wound and a bandage.

"It's not a big shard so I don't think you would need stitches." He murmured. He pulled out my hand and held onto my wrist. He delicately grabbed the shard with the tweezers and I winced.

"Oh come on, you have been shot before." He teased.

"This hurts." I said as he fully pulled out the shard. It was bigger than we had thought and blood poured from my arm.

"Oh my God I am going to bleed out aren't I?" I asked.

"Shut up you idiot." He laughed wiping away the blood. He pressed a cloth to the wound and held it there for a few seconds.

"You went to military school?" I asked suddenly. I remembered him saying that to his father.

"I did. My father was and still is a hard ass and he wanted me to be in top notch shape and top behaviour." He explained as he cleaned the wound. He pulled out thread and a needle and pierced my skin.

"Ow." I said angrily. He looked up his grey eyes boring into mine. I smiled sweetly and he laughed shaking his head.

"Storm, Storm, Storm..." He sighed jokingly. He continued to pierce my skin with the needle.

"He thought if you had the body strength and the discipline then you had everything." He said.

"What about intelligence? Writing? Speech?" I asked.

"Well speech he tied it into behaviour. I was always smart but he wanted status." He explained.

"I was a daughter of status for my intelligence."

"I was student body president, I was captain of the football, hockey and lacrosse team, I was prom king, I was everything." He smirked confidently.

"I was student body president and I got accepted into Yale." I said lowly and he laughed as he snipped off the string. He wiped the wound and placed tape over it. He put his hands beside my hips and leaned into me. His eyes were genuinely happy.

"I know you were and you got those achievements because you are a smart, beautiful and kind person. I was- still am a hot and cocky asshole." He smirked and I scoffed.

"You are definitely a cocky asshole." I teased.

"What? I'm good looking! Everyone loves me!" He said and I laughed wrapping my arms around his neck and leaning forward.

"You're okay." I whispered pressing my lips against his.