Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Storm's POV:

I woke up to a sharp pain in my shoulder and I felt groggy. I blinked my eyes as the bright light blinded me. I held up my hand to shield my eyes and I noticed the needle sticking out of the top. Once my eyes adjusted I saw Ace laying with his head down sleeping and Brandon passed out on the couch.

A bouquet of balloons was in the corner surrounded by stuffed animals. I frowned confused and looked down at my arm in a protective sling. My shoulder was wrapped in gauze as more protective bandages surrounded it after. The sling wrapped around my torso and shoulder.

Ace shifted and lifted his head and rubbed his eyes.

"Finally." He groaned stretching.

"What happened?" I asked confused.

"Massimo shot you in the shoulder. You are going to be fine but you will probably have a badass scar." He smirked running a hand through his messy hair.

"What?" I asked stunned.

"Yea. My dad came in the lounge at the club and you left the room. I swear to God we need to find new security." He sighed.

"He shot me!? I thought he was dead?" I asked.

"We beat the shit out of him and his crew. I didn't think he'd have the balls to come back. He is dead now though." He assured.

"I can't believe he shot me." I said surprised.

"What a dick." I said and he chuckled.

"How do you feel though?"

"I feel really shitty." I said.

"Yea doc said you lost a lot of blood so he said you will feel like shit but how does your arm feel?" He asked and I slightly shrugged my shoulder and winced in pain.

"It hurts a lot." I groaned.

"I'll get doc in here to give you some Advil or something." He said standing up. He left the room and came back shortly after with a young blond man who gave me two green pills with 'Advil' written on them.

"Take Advil, ice and heat to keep down the swelling. Ace is going to bring you back in, in about a week and a half or so and I will check your stitches. Hopefully by then they will have dissolved and you can begin to fully move your shoulder out. So you are going to feel really stiff for a few days but you have to keep your arm in the sling." He ordered. I nodded taking the Advil as he checked my IV.

"Do you feel dizzy or light headed or anything?" He asked.

"No, I just feel really tired." I said laying my head back.

"Yes, you lost a lot of blood. Stay in bed and rest and keep your arm propped up in a pillow like this." He said putting a pillow under my wrapped arm. He placed a pack of ice on the spot and I flinched at how tender it was.

"Yea. Keep her here for a few hours then take her to your place and make sure she gets lots of rest and lots of fluids. Give her a lot of protein and carbs to build her energy back up." He told Ace.

"I got it doc I will take good care of her." Ace promised. The doctor nodded and left.

"Lots of rest okay?" Ace asked me.

"I know. Can you get me some crackers?" I asked and he nodded signalling in the nurse who brought me in crackers and some orange juice.

"You got to get your energy back up so you can get back to your badass self." He joked making me laugh.