Chapter Fourteen Our One Day

Hey guys, I'm sorta unsure about the way this started. But, this is a slightly crucial chapter in my opinion, it kinda puts a lot into perspective.

The morning after Jaime sends the Tweet to Alex.

**ALEX'S POV**

It was freezing as I walked up to the door. I didn't know what time it was, my phone was still off and I don't know how long I sat in my car before mustering up courage to walk up to the door.  I didn't know if Jaime was awake, or what he would say when he saw me. I knew it was late, I mean, it was pitch black.

I landed at two in the morning, that's as much information I had. I didn't know how long I spent in the airport, or leaving the airport, or sitting in my car. I was clueless. I knew that Jaime would most likely be asleep, but I knew if I just walked in I would feel bad. He needed to know that I was home, that I came back.

He didn't need to know about the backlash of tweets I have gotten since he told Twitter about our relationship. I mean, technically he didn't tell them, but they got the picture. I didn't care too much though, I was just ready to be done with this all, and sleep in my own bed.

I knew that Ben may have told him I was leaving, but he might have wanted me to face them on my own. If he called ahead, Jaime would be expecting me, but if he didn't, I would have to find the courage to explain everything to Jaime; to Vic and Mike.

I knew I had the chance now to get in my car and leave again, but that wouldn't be reasonable. I was gone for far too long already. Plus, Ben would get suspicious if I wasn't home. I left his place, he drove me to the airport. 

I dug through my purse, feeling for the metal of my keys. My fingers brushed the metal, the coldness making an impression on my fingers. I expected something to be in the living room after I pushed the door open. I shut the door, closing it slowly and quietly behind me. 

It was dark. I didn't know what I expected. Jaime to be up and waiting for me? His body on the couch hoping I would chose to come home tonight? A welcome home banner hanging in the living room? It wasn't reasonable. I didn't expect anything. The only thing I could probably expect was an overly upset Jaime, and a pissed off Vic. 

I made my way down the hallway towards his bedroom, his door was open just enough for me to look in, to see his body sprawled across his bed. He was shirtless, wearing pajama pants that were hanging low, painting an image in my brain that flustered me. His blanket was hanging halfway off of the bed, just as it did most nights. I could see the vivid images of his few tattoos - even in the lack of light. 

There were countless nights that I had laid awake, carefully tracing his tattoos as he slept next to me. His arm draped loosely over me. I wouldn't admit to him that he always fell asleep before me. I didn't want him to think that I had been left to entertain myself. 

I turned to my room, the door was shut. I knew he had gone in there, at least, I told myself he probably had gone in there, if even for a minute.  When I opened the door I tried to remember how I left the room. It was pristine right now. I knew I had to of made a mess while dealing with everything that night I left. 

Jaime had probably cleaned. He knew I didn't like my room to be too messy, but I would never have thought he would think of that. The bed was the only thing in slight disarray; the comforter was wrinkled. I knew he had laid in it a few times, at least, Ben said the he was in there a lot. 

"Goddammit, Jaime," I muttered to myself. 

I dropped my suitcase and my purse, sitting on the bed and putting my face in my hands.