2.02//envelope

Chapter Twenty Two: Envelope.

The doorbell rang, startling Summer. She got up from her bed, ran through the corridor and raced down the flight of stairs. The house was quite big, a little too big for herself and her aunt. However, it was her parents' house, she would never dare to leave.

Summer opened the front door, surprised when she saw Liv outside. Her blonde hair was up in a tight bun and she was wearing a white T-shirt and black jeans. Summer hadn't seen Liv around for a long time, she must've just gotten back from college.

"Liv, what are you doing here?" Asked Summer with her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Liv's eyes seemed lighter than the last time Summer had seen her. And the dark circles under her blue eyes were slowly fading away. She looked happier.

She smiled kindly at Summer. "Mom and dad finally decided to clean out Noah's room," She said. "They found an envelope in his closet with your name on it." Liv handed her the white envelope with her name scribbled neatly on it. Summer felt her chest tighten and took a few deep breaths.

"I know his death has been very hard on you, but I think you should read it. Even though I don't know what it says," Liv's British voice tried to tell her carefully.

"Thank you. It was nice seeing you again." Liv smiled and turned around and went back to her car.

Noah had written to Summer. He knew he wasn't going to survive. And that made Summer's eyes build up with fresh tears.