1.05//winter

Chapter Fifteen: Winter.

Summer stared at the boy with utter awe. Well, actually the boy had a name, Winter. Summer found it surprisingly refreshing. Never in her whole seventeen years had she met a boy or a girl for that matter with the name Winter.

Summer and Winter. It had a nice ring to it.

"Are you alright?" Winter asked with concern written all over his gorgeous face. His voice wasn't light nor deep it was in the middle. Not only that was it soft and soothing, but if you listened closely enough you could hear his voice was strained and dry as if he had been screaming all night. Summer didn't know how to speak in that moment. She couldn't find her voice. Instead, she just nodded her head and looked at him with her big blue eyes. Is he actually talking to me? Summer thought. Was this real?

He chuckled lightly and it was pure music to Summers ears. Never had she heard such a calm and delightful sound before.

"Your books." He moved his gaze down to the books in his hands and held them out to Summer. As she was about to grab them with her shaking hands, his hand touched hers ever so lightly. It tingled from his touch and she quickly took her hand back as if she had burned it. What just happened?

She finally grabbed her books and held them to her chest tightly. She looked down at her Vans that suddenly looked so appealing.

"You're Summer right?" He asked. How'd he know her name? She didn't remember ever telling him her name or even talking to him.

As if he could read her mind, he said, "We have biology together." Right of course, how could she forget. It was everything she ever thought about. Literally.

Finding her voice Summer replied, "I know." Her voice was small and so quiet, she wasn't sure that he had heard what she said. She covered her cheeks with her hair when she felt the blood rush to them.

"I'll see you around." It came out more as a question than a statement. Summer nodded shyly and bit her bottom lip.

And then he walked away.